Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What proof do you have that a deity does not exist?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,178 Posts
    Aw, you big softee SW, how nice are you! <3
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Are you seriously asserting that anyone who doesn't worship a god, real or imagined, is a godless person, and will be damned to hell when they cark it?
    A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ah, an "is there a god" or even, "God", thread. Not had one of those for a long time.
    I'm a believer, I think everyone on here knows that. But I'm not 100% sure. I think anyone who says that they are, are either deluded, in denial or have more faith than anyone I know.
    I'm a firm believer that no one can prove that there is a God, nor disprove the same. One thing I do know is that scriptures say "Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you" which is an invitation to seek God for yourself.
    That makes you an agnostic doesn't it? Come on now, no sitting on the fence??
    A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    It is not a matter of what one 'believes' but a matter of what one knows. One can hold a true belief or a false belief; the former just happens to correspond to reality while the latter does not. Secondly, beliefs are not 'chosen' according to their ability to benefit the believer. Holding a belief may be detrimental to ones contentment or happiness. In the case of Abrahamic Monotheism (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) the belief in the existence of deity results in the belief that one will punished in the afterlife for ones sins committed here in this realm. This belief, based on the core belief in the existence of deity, is not something that would make one content but, rather, fearful. Faith in a deity differs greatly from a belief in the existence of deity. Faith is a matter of trust in the intent of Deity whereas Belief in Deity is based on what one personally defines as "evidence". To be blunt, one cannot have faith in the actual existence of deity. However, it is not only Theists who conflate faith and belief. Atheists are guilty of the same error; They have Faith in the Scientific Method and, in contradiction to this method, believe that a lack of evidence in itself constitutes evidence. The reasoning is akin to arguing that because there is an absence of rainfall at this moment, at this time, there never was, is or will be rainfall.
    However it's dressed up, religion is the curse of mankind, and the world would be a better - and in these end days a safer - place without it.

Here endeth the lesson!

Thanks
    I look on religion as one of the forms of dumbing down, much like football/rugby, and 'the universe and all that'.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
    Are you seriously asserting that anyone who doesn't worship a god, real or imagined, is a godless person, and will be damned to hell when they cark it?
    No, I'm saying that the Bible says that only those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their saviour will have eternal life.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barry For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (17-03-2019), T00ts (16-03-2019)

Thanks
    However it's dressed up, religion is the curse of mankind, and the world would be a better - and in these end days a safer - place without it.

Here endeth the lesson!
    Religion is not the curse. Mankind is! We all have choice and it is those choices that make the world so much more dangerous.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, I'm saying that the Bible says that only those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their saviour will have eternal life.
    Whatever the bible says or doesn't say, I asked for your opinion? In other words, do you believe that only those who have faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Religion is not the curse. Mankind is! We all have choice and it is those choices that make the world so much more dangerous.
    But logically speaking, if there were no religions then mankind would have to find some other fantasy to believe in, no?

Thanks
    Whatever the bible says or doesn't say, I asked for your opinion? In other words, do you believe that only those who have faith in Jesus Christ will have eternal life??
    Yes, I do. I'm a bible believer.