Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The fate of The United Kingdom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cassie View Post
    Yes, and all countries taxes will be regulated from Brussels from then on too.
    All member states must adopt the Euro by 2022 and any new member state must do so within 2 years of joining the EU as laid down in the Lisbon treaty.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    thanks john , i keep praying the kingdom of england and its welsh principality will eventually find a political party with that aim and have a referendum as soon as possible but sadly cant see it happening any time soon but one can only hope and pray.
    The UK loses control of its fishing rights
    The UK loses control of its oil and gas rights

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    The UK loses control of its fishing rights
    The UK loses control of its oil and gas rights
    unlucky what does scotland lose?
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    no **** sherlock.

sharp as a tack as ever rebirth.
    I was merely highlighting to the uninitiated that the SNP will try anything, literally anything, to cause conflict on this island and that they cannot be used by a third party to manipulate the many with this propaganda that Brexit will tear this island apart.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 1,087 Posts
    Blog Entries
    thanks john , i keep praying the kingdom of england and its welsh principality will eventually find a political party with that aim and have a referendum as soon as possible but sadly cant see it happening any time soon but one can only hope and pray.
    just remember Thomas, I was saying back in 2014 an independent Scotland ***MIGHT*** make a success of it i just could not, myself see how, without serious pain...

my only beef is that such choices must be irreversible. Almost all our entire former empire seems more than a little miffed that having demanded and been granted independence they are not being subsidised to the degree they desire. My view is they wanted to be separated from us, they have been, and their failure to deal with their populations fifty or more years on having regressed to a standard of living barely beyond those of our middle ages is THEIR problem... not mine
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Borchester (26-01-2019)

Thanks
    unlucky what does scotland lose?
    As a member of the UK you lose them as well.But hey lets not state the obvious or anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    my only beef is that such choices must be irreversible.
    Why? Where is the logic in that?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
    I was merely highlighting to the uninitiated that the SNP will try anything, literally anything, to cause conflict on this island and that they cannot be used by a third party to manipulate the many with this propaganda that Brexit will tear this island apart.
    The uninitiated?

Conflict?

My..........what a drama queen you really are.

Talk about over the top hyperbolic nonsense.

What uninitiated? Anyone with a rudimentary grasp of uk politics will have heard of the SNP and know fine well exactly what they stand for.

Doesnt matter what the subject is , or wether its brexit or something else , they will continue to work towards scottish independence until the day it finally happens.

Are you actually telling me this is news to you?

As for conflict dont talk absolute rubbish.

What conflict? As far as i can see the only" conflict" is in your westminster parliament where the children cant agree with one another over the best way forward regarding the brexit ref result.

Jumping up and down hysterically bleating its all the snp fault makes you look ridiculous.

How is it the snps fault that westminster held a referendum on leaving the eu , got an answer they didnt like , and now are trying their damnest to wriggle out of enacting the result.???

The SNP have every right to stand up for the scottish electorate , who voted remain , so too bad if you dont like that fact.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Thanks
    Anyway those were just a small morsel,now I better behave before I go through this place like a dose of salts,carry on with your bullshit as usual.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    just remember Thomas, I was saying back in 2014 an independent Scotland ***MIGHT*** make a success of it i just could not, myself see how, without serious pain...

my only beef is that such choices must be irreversible. Almost all our entire former empire seems more than a little miffed that having demanded and been granted independence they are not being subsidised to the degree they desire. My view is they wanted to be separated from us, they have been, and their failure to deal with their populations fifty or more years on having regressed to a standard of living barely beyond those of our middle ages is THEIR problem... not mine

John , England has never ever in history subsidised anyone anywhere on this earth.

Thats what the empire was all about , england extracting wealth , possessions , controlling trade routes etc etc to Englands gain.

Now you have lost the majority of the empire , with 51 countries leaving since the end of the second world war alone , and your country is no longer being subsidised to the degree you need and desire , you are now in trouble and your population going through a decline in their living standards.

As for ex empire nations having living standards barely above that of the middle ages , what?

I mean aye it must be hard for the former american colonies as the worlds foremost military and economic superpower .

or what about wee malta , with a population smaller than edinburgh and land mass the size of the isle of arran? Shared the eu presidency and holds more power over brexit than the scottish parliament does in this disunited kingdom.

Or what about wee ireland , which had gdp growth last year of 7.2 % while the mighty uk could only grow by 1.2%?

You are on a different planet john , as i said before stuck somewhere between 1818 and 1918.

Tell me john , which one of these imaginary shitholes you mention have asked to come back under westminster rule?