Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The fate of The United Kingdom

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Junckrfu View Post
    Are the brexiteers not worried about The UK spitting apart? One would have to think a second referendum in Scotland to leave and join the EU could take place and Northern Ireland also leaving the UK and then there is London where Kahn is wanting to form his own little country.

This is just speculation and fear is a powerful tool to push people into different directions but those two states voted overwhelmingly to remain.

Any thoughts on the future of the country?
    If Remain had won the SNP would still be pushing to break the UK apart. It's their reason for existing and to be blackmailed into abandoning our own democracy to appease the EU's trojan horse is a big no-no. It's more likely that the Scottish people will drift further away from the SNP as time goes on, especially after a genuine Brexit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Ahead of #EuropeDay, support for Ireland remaining in the EU has jumped to over 90% for the first time.Spanning all age groups and regions, 92% agree that Ireland should remain part of the EU #EuropeDay

https://twitter.com/dfatirl/status/993838618606211072
    Twitter posts don't interest me. A poll would.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    Twitter posts don't interest me. A poll would.
    This again seriously!!

Have anyone of you been to Ireland over the last 20 years?? Have you spoken with an irish person regarding the matter?

I have no doubts that it would be at least somewhere between 70 - 80% strongly in favour of remaining in the EU.

We are going backwards yet again, the same pointless arguments about unworkable solutions or unrealistic goals.

Technology - Proven not to be a solution

Ireland leaving the EU - this is not happening so ergo again not a solution.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BumblinB For This Useful Post:

Rei (25-01-2019), thomas (25-01-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BumblinB View Post
    This again seriously!!

Have anyone of you been to Ireland over the last 20 years?? Have you spoken with an irish person regarding the matter?

I have no doubts that it would be at least somewhere between 70 - 80% strongly in favour of remaining in the EU.

We are going backwards yet again, the same pointless arguments about unworkable solutions or unrealistic goals.

Technology - Proven not to be a solution

The UK along with all existing members of the EU lose their abstention veto in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon Treaty when the system changes to that of majority acceptance with no abstentions or veto’s being allowed.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    The UK along with all existing members of the EU lose their abstention veto in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon Treaty when the system changes to that of majority acceptance with no abstentions or veto’s being allowed.
    Yes, and all countries taxes will be regulated from Brussels from then on too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    "speaking for myself, i have no fears over the united kingdom splitting apart. I think england and wales should be given a referendum on kicking the annoying buggers north of the border out. And as for northern ireland, well, let's see how they fare without us now the bombings have restarted...

thanks john , i keep praying the kingdom of england and its welsh principality will eventually find a political party with that aim and have a referendum as soon as possible but sadly cant see it happening any time soon but one can only hope and pray.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thomas For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (26-01-2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

But not our problem either.

Admittedly a 300 mile hole in the EU's tariff wall could lead to the latter bleeding to death, but that's show business and nothing for the UK to worry on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Borchester For This Useful Post:

scott777 (25-01-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    I can't see it bothering anyone. If the Scots and Welsh left then there would still be the English who make up 80% of the population.
    i think the problem being borkie is the uk would no longer exist.

oh i know you have the current largest population of the nations of the disunited kingdom , but you would only have 54% of the landmass , scotland alone has a third.

Selling slightly over half of the current uk to the international community as the continuing state would be quite an act of salesmanship.

As the old boy said in that funny film , if you cant control the whole of "your " own islands , who is going to take you seriously?

Bit mair managed decline and you should be fine borkie.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth View Post
    If Remain had won the SNP would still be pushing to break the UK apart.
    no **** sherlock.

sharp as a tack as ever rebirth.

Thanks
    This again seriously!!

Yes, I went to Ireland 10 years ago, thanks. I didn't have time to speak to all 4.7 million people because I went for a hiking trip.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince