Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Allied Irish Banks choose day before Brexit to say **** you gimme your money back

Thanks
    Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As a follow up

Last week I had a second letter from Saga

This was quite interesting, in that it contained TWO documents. One was a copy of the letter AIB sent me, couched in the same "pay up you english bar steward" terms. The other was almost an apology from the head of the Saga Group. It seems quite clear they have been royally shafted by AIB and are not remotely happy about it, are now looking round for a new partner and are quite pissed off that what they see as a customer base of the least debt ridden in the population, who long ago ceased fearing the mortgage payment but perhaps these days live in the same mortal fear of the gas bill, are being kicked in the nadgers by a bunch of irish thugs....
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue" (Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929")

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

El Jefe (29-01-2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BKS View Post
    You are just scaremongering and being silly by choosing something that is easily demonstrable as false.

Allied Irish Banks Plc is able to provide some services into the UK owing to the fact it is authorised and regulated in another EEA country. Its UK reference number is 204793

Which is what I said 9 days ago..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Should anyone wish to see this, I will scan the letter and put it up on my website

I have for some years (11, actually) had a Saga Platinum VISA card operated for the past few by Allied Irish Banks

I have today received a letter telling me that the day before Brexit my card account will close and the card balance will become repayable in full with immediate effect and that should this be 'a problem' I should contact a debt "charity" (who I did some work for, who I know make millions from the IVA fees and who refuse to this day to work within the correct regulatory framework - I was one of a team sent to sort them out and they chose to ignore the regulators instructions)

Now in fact I closed the account last month so I owe sod all but I think this is an excellent reason to start treating the Irish over here with a whole lot less civility.

after all, they used bombs and bullets to murder and riot their way out of a union with the UK 100 years ago.... i never understood why we let them VOTE for OUR government after THAT never mind the more recent resurgence of gaining political clout by violence ...
    No good blaming the Irish, the French or the EU for this. It's the people who voted for Brexit and the loud-mouthed anti-EU agitators whipping up anger and hatred who got us the mess which is resulting in situations like the one you describe.
    29,089,259 people did not say LEAVE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    As a follow up

Last week I had a second letter from Saga

This was quite interesting, in that it contained TWO documents. One was a copy of the letter AIB sent me, couched in the same "pay up you english bar steward" terms. The other was almost an apology from the head of the Saga Group. It seems quite clear they have been royally shafted by AIB and are not remotely happy about it, are now looking round for a new partner and are quite pissed off that what they see as a customer base of the least debt ridden in the population, who long ago ceased fearing the mortgage payment but perhaps these days live in the same mortal fear of the gas bill, are being kicked in the nadgers by a bunch of irish thugs....
    So let me get this straight . .

Guy votes for referendum proposal which will invariably have some detrimental effect on the ability of EU businesses to operate in the UK, then complains when the effect of that proposal has a detrimental impact on the ability of an EU business to operate in the UK.

What's next man? I suppose St Patrick temporarily blinded the linesman in Bloemfontein against the Germans?