Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24

Thread: Should Food Banks go...?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    They need to be assessed properly, which they are not, they are not being treated with care or respect.
    Far too many are wrongly being found "fit for work," The appeals system is now very lengthy because the DWP has no time limit on mandatory consideration before a claimant can go to the tribunals service.
    The numbers of those "found fit work" and dying before an appeal date is scandalous. (Referenced by me recently after the DWP let the data slip at DWP questions.)
    The numbers being awarded benefit posthumously as a result is scandalous.
    Latest victim, sorry for using a newspaper reference:-

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...fter-his-death
    And you criticise DWP for delays!!! If you were going to, in your words, properly assess everyone, I am presuming that means face to face. How long do you think that would take to interview all 1.6 million who claim PIP? How about the 2.5m who claim ESA? The fact is that there are always going to be some that face problems. The other fact is that you only here about the bad cases. You seem to have recently flagged up 2 out of several million who claim. Oh I'm sure if you dig around, you can find more, that I have no doubt about. But in the grand scheme of things, you are talking about a fraction of a percent which is statistically insignificant. That is not to say that it is insignificant to the people who fall foul.

But going back to you thinking that this country is often like the Yemen, I suggest that in the Yemen, people do not have the comfort of a health service, housing and cash handouts paid for by others and distributed by the government.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boggart View Post
    And you criticise DWP for delays!!! If you were going to, in your words, properly assess everyone, I am presuming that means face to face. How long do you think that would take to interview all 1.6 million who claim PIP? How about the 2.5m who claim ESA? The fact is that there are always going to be some that face problems. The other fact is that you only here about the bad cases. You seem to have recently flagged up 2 out of several million who claim. Oh I'm sure if you dig around, you can find more, that I have no doubt about. But in the grand scheme of things, you are talking about a fraction of a percent which is statistically insignificant. That is not to say that it is insignificant to the people who fall foul.

But going back to you thinking that this country is often like the Yemen, I suggest that in the Yemen, people do not have the comfort of a health service, housing and cash handouts paid for by others and distributed by the government.
    More or less all ESA PIP claims are face to face assessments. (The vast majority of them could be done on medical records but try telling the government and the DWP that.)
    Mistakes will always happen but the current level of mistakes just is NOT acceptable, especial with the high number of people winning their case at tribunal, 66% (when they eventually get one.)

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ember-2018.pdf

Thanks
    I suggest that in the Yemen, people do not have the comfort of a health service, housing and cash handouts paid for by others and distributed by the government.
    None of that has applied in Britain since May 2010, when massive holes in the safety net were put in place by the government.
    That you seem totally ignorant of those problems worries me. (Seriously)

Thanks
    None of that has applied in Britain since May 2010, when massive holes in the safety net were put in place by the government.
    That you seem totally ignorant of those problems worries me. (Seriously)
    Ah Lanky Lanky. You are so misinformed and blinded through your petty prejudices.

The first figure is for nominal spending, and the second is real spending taking 2016/17 prices (ie to put it in context) for Welfare Spending.

2000/01: 109.8 - 150.7
    2001/02: 116.5 - 156.7
    2002/03: 121.4 - 161.3
    2003/04: 132.1 - 171.5
    2004/05: 139.8 - 177.6
    2005/06: 145.4 - 179.8
    2006/07: 151.6 - 182.6
    2007/08: 160.6 - 187.7
    2008/09: 174.6 - 199.9
    2009/10: 191.1 - 212.4
    2010/11: 198.1 - 217.0
    2011/12: 205.2 - 220.6
    2012/13: 213.1 - 226.0
    2103/14: 210.0 - 218.2
    2014/15: 214.2 - 218.8
    2015/16: 216.1 - 217.5
    2016/17: 216.9 - 216.9
    2017/18: 219.3 - 214.6

So you can claim that the Tories have cut welfare spending, but the figures from OBD say EXACTLY the opposite to your jaundiced opinion. And this even takes into account Brown's reckless spending spree to try and buy the election when we couldn't afford it.

Ignorance? "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

You really have to look at what we as a country can afford, something you never ever do.

Thanks
    Ah Lanky Lanky. You are so misinformed and blinded through your petty prejudices.
    It is you who are blinded by Tory misuse of statistics.
    You make the same mistake as the Tories, they always quote the money spent and NOT the effects of the cuts and harsh treatment of claimants on an individual basis.
    The problem being it is millions of individuals who have had their incomes cut to ribbons.

Thanks

You really have to look at what we as a country can afford, something you never ever do.
    Sorry but that is rubbish. I care, about the number of deaths caused since May 2010 and the £billions wasted by the government caused by their own doctrine.

Thanks
    It is you who are blinded by Tory misuse of statistics.
    You make the same mistake as the Tories, they always quote the money spent and NOT the effects of the cuts and harsh treatment of claimants on an individual basis.
    The problem being it is millions of individuals who have had their incomes cut to ribbons.
    Sorry, my typo. Not OBD but OBR. Shows increase spending, which would suggest incomes aren't cut to ribbons. What harsh treatment of claimants are you talking about? I claim PIP for my son, and haven't seen any harsh treatment what so ever. I do not recognise the scenarios that you are portraying. I've also found dealing with DWP on behalf of my father equally easy and actually I would go as far to say that they have been helpful. Again, not the scenario you love to portray.

Thanks

Blimey, 1.6m people after some sort of disability allowance, and I get condemned for my views on euthanasia