Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
That pretty much explains it all. If you don't understand this, go to the Citizen's Advice Bureau, they have highly trained expert staff in this field.
I understand it , it is lazy employees on the council tax phone lines who say they will write down notes and things are ok , when they're not . I rung them and explained everything long before the summons and the person I spoke to said it was sorted and they would amend it . Then the next contact I receive is a summons . I am not paying the summons and do not care ! They can send the bailiffs as I own nothing what so ever apart from a single bed . It is a waste of my time and the courts time in a situation they will never benefit from . Intelligent people who work would of chased up the DWP and realize that the council tax benefit should of been paid .
When the Universal credit system came out , the intentions was to merge the departments but they left out council tax which is a big mistake that causes problems .

P.s Apparently they have also stopped my rent benefits although on my last appointment the advisor assured me it would be paid .