Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Yellow Vests - London - Tomorrow

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    459
    Thanked 254 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    I am surprised how popular this personal decision has become recently. Certainly many in our circle are avoiding buying imported produce when home produced is available.
    Good luck with the tomatoes, we hardly ever see English tomatoes on the supermarket shelves.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,978
    Thanks
    1,108
    Thanked 889 Times in 725 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Absolutely right.
    Avoiding purchases from certain countries for even a few weeks will make them sit up and take notice.
    Good thinking. I no longer buy Irish beef so that will be a blow to the Fenians. Instead I buy Scotch beef which will still enrage the SNP because, well, everything enrages the SNP

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,859
    Thanks
    710
    Thanked 718 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Good thinking. I no longer buy Irish beef so that will be a blow to the Fenians. Instead I buy Scotch beef which will still enrage the SNP because, well, everything enrages the SNP
    Typical bloody English not happy with keeping those poor downtrodden Scots in slavery,now you want all of their food.Talk about taking the food out of their mouths.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 218 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    There were never 700,000 marchers in support of Remain, peaceful or otherwise; that is an urban myth peddled by the ignorant and the disingenuous. Nevertheless there are more effective means of protest and civil disobedience available to the thinking person when the time is right, other than joining a bunch of far right Tommy Robinson lookalike morons. I agree with you objective Scott777 but not with your strategy for achieving it.
    It's indisputable that the people's vote march was an order of magnitude larger than any pro brexit march before or since.

    It's also a.matter of public record that there were no arrests or incidents linked to the march.

    At least we can agree on how moronic the "neon-nazis" are.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,859
    Thanks
    710
    Thanked 718 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    It's indisputable that the people's vote march was an order of magnitude larger than any pro brexit march before or since.

    It's also a.matter of public record that there were no arrests or incidents linked to the march.

    At least we can agree on how moronic the "neon-nazis" are.
    But then it was all based on psychology even the over misrepresentation of the numbers.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheepy For This Useful Post:

    Barry (05-02-2019)

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    191
    Thanked 195 Times in 141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post
    It's indisputable that the people's vote march was an order of magnitude larger than any pro brexit march before or since.

    It's also a.matter of public record that there were no arrests or incidents linked to the march.

    At least we can agree on how moronic the "neon-nazis" are.
    Think you find the headline was 'No significant arrests'. Clearly your public record is wrong.

    Perhaps the headline should have been 'Never have so many people wasted their time and money'.

    BTW, 'Leave the EU without a deal' has the most signatures of any petition ever (350k), and there is still 2 and a half months to run.
    I can explain it to you, but I canít understand it for you.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 218 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Think you find the headline was 'No significant arrests'. Clearly your public record is wrong.
    I stand corrected. No "significant" arrests

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 218 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    But then it was all based on psychology even the over misrepresentation of the numbers.
    Not sure what you're getting at.

    The anti Brexit marches in July and October were vastly bigger than any pro Brexit marches.

    They were also significantly more diverse (from what I can see of the pro Brexit marches in the media)

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,755
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,255 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beelbeeb View Post

    The anti Brexit marches in July and October were vastly bigger than any pro Brexit marches.
    That's because we don't need to march. We won the referendum. If that decision is overturned, you'll see a sea of marchers.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That's because we don't need to march. We won the referendum. .
    And I suspect are not prepared for the consequences of it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-01-2019, 10:10 AM
  2. The French Yellow Vests Just Keep On Going
    By scott777 in forum Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 10:02 PM
  3. French Yellow Vests Begin Again
    By scott777 in forum Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-12-2018, 11:34 AM
  4. France Prepares Chemical Weapon Against Yellow-Vests
    By scott777 in forum Political News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20-12-2018, 05:52 PM
  5. Replies: 118
    Last Post: 10-12-2018, 09:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •