Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Salmond Successful

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Morayshire
    Posts
    957
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 200 Times in 185 Posts

    Salmond Successful

    Alex Salmond has been awarded costs in his case. The procedure set up by the Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government was found to be flawed. The Court of Session said Salmond's costs must be met by Scot Govt. Scot Gov has agreed to pay up - hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    The Crowd-funded money is to be given to charity.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    853
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 38 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morayloon View Post
    Alex Salmond has been awarded costs in his case. The procedure set up by the Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government was found to be flawed. The Court of Session said Salmond's costs must be met by Scot Govt. Scot Gov has agreed to pay up - hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    The Crowd-funded money is to be given to charity.
    Oh, that's interesting
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 49 Times in 36 Posts
    As I understand matters, he has not been found ‘not guilty’, but the case against him has been dropped due to a technicality.

    He could , potentially, be tried again, but until this happens , he is ‘innocent until proven guilty’.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,252
    Thanks
    868
    Thanked 679 Times in 572 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by morayloon View Post
    Alex Salmond has been awarded costs in his case. The procedure set up by the Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government was found to be flawed. The Court of Session said Salmond's costs must be met by Scot Govt. Scot Gov has agreed to pay up - hundreds of thousands of pounds.
    The Crowd-funded money is to be given to charity.
    Wee Krankie's response seems a bit muted. I would have thought that she would have saluted Alex's victory and called for Irn Bru's all round, but that does nor appear to be the case.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Morayshire
    Posts
    957
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 200 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    As I understand matters, he has not been found ‘not guilty’, but the case against him has been dropped due to a technicality.

    He could , potentially, be tried again, but until this happens , he is ‘innocent until proven guilty’.
    No one has said he was found 'not guilty'. The case has not been dropped. The sexual harassment allegations are still being looked into.
    AS was not on trial in this case. He went to the courts to force the Scot Gov to provide details. He seemingly had not been given any info relating to the allegations nor any names. How was he supposed to defend himself?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 489 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    Wee Krankie's response seems a bit muted. I would have thought that she would have saluted Alex's victory and called for Irn Bru's all round, but that does nor appear to be the case.
    Wee Krankie is on thin ice,the old boy network never forget a thing they can use for their own advantage.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    621
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morayloon View Post
    No one has said he was found 'not guilty'. The case has not been dropped. The sexual harassment allegations are still being looked into.
    AS was not on trial in this case. He went to the courts to force the Scot Gov to provide details. He seemingly had not been given any info relating to the allegations nor any names. How was he supposed to defend himself?
    If innocent, having prior knowledge of the particulars is immaterial, you will be able to prove your innocence.

    If guilty however, having prior knowledge is key as you need the time to find alibis.
    I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    535
    Thanked 489 Times in 421 Posts
    Told you so.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Similar Threads

  1. Salmond On RT
    By morayloon in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 24-11-2017, 05:41 PM
  2. Global trade: has Britain ever really been successful?
    By Patman Post in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-05-2017, 10:47 AM
  3. China visit: Will Modi be successful in mending Sino-India ties?
    By gauravnews12 in forum Other Countries
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-05-2015, 10:31 AM
  4. Salmond: Referendum 'not about SNP'
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 19-09-2014, 06:20 PM
  5. Cameron and Osborne are being damn successful.
    By Robin Goodfellow in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •