Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHS 10-year plan: Labour attacks Theresa May's proposals

Thanks
    Blog Entries

NHS 10-year plan: Labour attacks Theresa May's proposals

The BBC reports The prime minister says her new proposals for the NHS are "crucial" for its sustainability.

More...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,525 Posts
    A diversion from brexit,it didn't work.
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

Thanks
    has this woman ever got anything right. mmmmmmm must have amnesia ,can't think of anything

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy39 View Post
    has this woman ever got anything right. mmmmmmm must have amnesia ,can't think of anything
    It is the Westminster version of the Irish solution. When things went a little pear shaped the medieval kings would discover urgent business in Ireland where they would try to gain some brownie points by slaughtering a few Paddies. It never really worked but didn't stop the government from trying.

What are the latest proposals? The NHS can't intend to take on more staff. The National Horror Story already employs so many people that pretty soon the hospitals won't have room for patients.

Thanks
    I was carted off in an ambulance as an emergency last week. It's never happened to me before so apart from the immediate health concerns the experience was of interest. It was a mixed package. 999 - paramedic - excellent, ambulance - also excellent, A&E - busy but no diagnosis, panic as the 4 hours deadline approached so they carted me off at 1am to the acute care unit.

This appeared to be anything but any sort of care unit. It was impossible to sleep with constant arrivals and departures with doctors and nurses holding consultations with patients all night (I have slept better at an airport). More tests followed so that in all I had gone over 36 hours without being able to sleep. As they informed me that I would be another night in that ward I collapsed. Suddenly they moved me to a surgical ward which was the total opposite where I was at last given some care although they admitted they could do little for me. Diagnosis followed, I was concerned that I was using up a bed where someone else might need it to be told that there were plenty of beds and not to worry.

They have sent me home - thankfully - with some meds, no info, little confidence in forthcoming outpatient treatment and a hope to go private. My dog would have received better at the vets. Something has to be done. Everywhere I was there was staff messing about the nurses station while patients went ignored. There were people wandering about holding a piece of paper or a file apparently walking in circles. There were people constantly looking for people. They took my details and life story 5 times onto different forms. They had me sign their no responsibility agreement twice. I wonder what the man hours would add up to over a year in just one hospital.

I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it. Believe me something has to happen!

Oh I forgot - I needed a specific diet. The forms intimate it was possible. It wasn't - so I was unable to eat too.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I was carted off in an ambulance as an emergency last week. It's never happened to me before so apart from the immediate health concerns the experience was of interest. It was a mixed package. 999 - paramedic - excellent, ambulance - also excellent, A&E - busy but no diagnosis, panic as the 4 hours deadline approached so they carted me off at 1am to the acute care unit.

This appeared to be anything but any sort of care unit. It was impossible to sleep with constant arrivals and departures with doctors and nurses holding consultations with patients all night (I have slept better at an airport). More tests followed so that in all I had gone over 36 hours without being able to sleep. As they informed me that I would be another night in that ward I collapsed. Suddenly they moved me to a surgical ward which was the total opposite where I was at last given some care although they admitted they could do little for me. Diagnosis followed, I was concerned that I was using up a bed where someone else might need it to be told that there were plenty of beds and not to worry.

They have sent me home - thankfully - with some meds, no info, little confidence in forthcoming outpatient treatment and a hope to go private. My dog would have received better at the vets. Something has to be done. Everywhere I was there was staff messing about the nurses station while patients went ignored. There were people wandering about holding a piece of paper or a file apparently walking in circles. There were people constantly looking for people. They took my details and life story 5 times onto different forms. They had me sign their no responsibility agreement twice. I wonder what the man hours would add up to over a year in just one hospital.

I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it. Believe me something has to happen!

Oh I forgot - I needed a specific diet. The forms intimate it was possible. It wasn't - so I was unable to eat too.
    Welcome to the ranks of the blue light freeloaders.

I personally have a little wristband with an encrypted section that the paramedics can plug into their little didgeridoos and see the record of the last ecg .... they never bothered rolling this out in england because they gave you the right to refuse to have your medical records available online to other professionals. we in wales have no such right, and they can steal your organs from your corpse too ... best die at home like mum did yesterday...

I agree with your analysis, it matches my own

Your dog, of course, is only receiving better treatment because you pay for the privilege privately through insurance of swallowing hard before handing over your card. My doctor and my dentist alike envy the motors on the parking space of the local vets, but then again, as both readily admit, if they had to shove their hands where vets do, they'd charge that much too...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Welcome to the ranks of the blue light freeloaders.

I personally have a little wristband with an encrypted section that the paramedics can plug into their little didgeridoos and see the record of the last ecg .... they never bothered rolling this out in england because they gave you the right to refuse to have your medical records available online to other professionals. we in wales have no such right, and they can steal your organs from your corpse too ... best die at home like mum did yesterday...

I agree with your analysis, it matches my own

Your dog, of course, is only receiving better treatment because you pay for the privilege privately through insurance of swallowing hard before handing over your card. My doctor and my dentist alike envy the motors on the parking space of the local vets, but then again, as both readily admit, if they had to shove their hands where vets do, they'd charge that much too...
    Sorry for your loss JoG. You are right and have given that instruction to my long suffering kids but of course when push comes to shove they dialled 999 in the hope that I would last another day. I am one of those who refused the fancy National data base - government IT skills procurement always has me worried - but it seems to me that there should be a way to track a patient through a building without constant paper back-up . Perhaps I'm missing something. For sure my current state of both mental and physical well being makes that highly possible.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks

I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it.

Sorry, had to chuckle at that. But hope you feel better soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,525 Posts

Oh blimey hope all goes well
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

Thanks
    Blog Entries

As Cromwell said, blimey. I hope you are better.