Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: NHS 10-year plan: Labour attacks Theresa May's proposals

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Derby, United Kingdom
    Posts
    6,899
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 40 Times in 28 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    NHS 10-year plan: Labour attacks Theresa May's proposals

    The BBC reports The prime minister says her new proposals for the NHS are "crucial" for its sustainability.


    More...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    9,566
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,525 Posts
    A diversion from brexit,it didn't work.
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    has this woman ever got anything right. mmmmmmm must have amnesia ,can't think of anything

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,303
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked 699 Times in 587 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy39 View Post
    has this woman ever got anything right. mmmmmmm must have amnesia ,can't think of anything
    It is the Westminster version of the Irish solution. When things went a little pear shaped the medieval kings would discover urgent business in Ireland where they would try to gain some brownie points by slaughtering a few Paddies. It never really worked but didn't stop the government from trying.

    What are the latest proposals? The NHS can't intend to take on more staff. The National Horror Story already employs so many people that pretty soon the hospitals won't have room for patients.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    867
    Thanked 517 Times in 377 Posts
    I was carted off in an ambulance as an emergency last week. It's never happened to me before so apart from the immediate health concerns the experience was of interest. It was a mixed package. 999 - paramedic - excellent, ambulance - also excellent, A&E - busy but no diagnosis, panic as the 4 hours deadline approached so they carted me off at 1am to the acute care unit.

    This appeared to be anything but any sort of care unit. It was impossible to sleep with constant arrivals and departures with doctors and nurses holding consultations with patients all night (I have slept better at an airport). More tests followed so that in all I had gone over 36 hours without being able to sleep. As they informed me that I would be another night in that ward I collapsed. Suddenly they moved me to a surgical ward which was the total opposite where I was at last given some care although they admitted they could do little for me. Diagnosis followed, I was concerned that I was using up a bed where someone else might need it to be told that there were plenty of beds and not to worry.

    They have sent me home - thankfully - with some meds, no info, little confidence in forthcoming outpatient treatment and a hope to go private. My dog would have received better at the vets. Something has to be done. Everywhere I was there was staff messing about the nurses station while patients went ignored. There were people wandering about holding a piece of paper or a file apparently walking in circles. There were people constantly looking for people. They took my details and life story 5 times onto different forms. They had me sign their no responsibility agreement twice. I wonder what the man hours would add up to over a year in just one hospital.

    I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it. Believe me something has to happen!

    Oh I forgot - I needed a specific diet. The forms intimate it was possible. It wasn't - so I was unable to eat too.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,062
    Thanks
    1,488
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I was carted off in an ambulance as an emergency last week. It's never happened to me before so apart from the immediate health concerns the experience was of interest. It was a mixed package. 999 - paramedic - excellent, ambulance - also excellent, A&E - busy but no diagnosis, panic as the 4 hours deadline approached so they carted me off at 1am to the acute care unit.

    This appeared to be anything but any sort of care unit. It was impossible to sleep with constant arrivals and departures with doctors and nurses holding consultations with patients all night (I have slept better at an airport). More tests followed so that in all I had gone over 36 hours without being able to sleep. As they informed me that I would be another night in that ward I collapsed. Suddenly they moved me to a surgical ward which was the total opposite where I was at last given some care although they admitted they could do little for me. Diagnosis followed, I was concerned that I was using up a bed where someone else might need it to be told that there were plenty of beds and not to worry.

    They have sent me home - thankfully - with some meds, no info, little confidence in forthcoming outpatient treatment and a hope to go private. My dog would have received better at the vets. Something has to be done. Everywhere I was there was staff messing about the nurses station while patients went ignored. There were people wandering about holding a piece of paper or a file apparently walking in circles. There were people constantly looking for people. They took my details and life story 5 times onto different forms. They had me sign their no responsibility agreement twice. I wonder what the man hours would add up to over a year in just one hospital.

    I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it. Believe me something has to happen!

    Oh I forgot - I needed a specific diet. The forms intimate it was possible. It wasn't - so I was unable to eat too.
    Welcome to the ranks of the blue light freeloaders.

    I personally have a little wristband with an encrypted section that the paramedics can plug into their little didgeridoos and see the record of the last ecg .... they never bothered rolling this out in england because they gave you the right to refuse to have your medical records available online to other professionals. we in wales have no such right, and they can steal your organs from your corpse too ... best die at home like mum did yesterday...

    I agree with your analysis, it matches my own

    Your dog, of course, is only receiving better treatment because you pay for the privilege privately through insurance of swallowing hard before handing over your card. My doctor and my dentist alike envy the motors on the parking space of the local vets, but then again, as both readily admit, if they had to shove their hands where vets do, they'd charge that much too...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    867
    Thanked 517 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Welcome to the ranks of the blue light freeloaders.

    I personally have a little wristband with an encrypted section that the paramedics can plug into their little didgeridoos and see the record of the last ecg .... they never bothered rolling this out in england because they gave you the right to refuse to have your medical records available online to other professionals. we in wales have no such right, and they can steal your organs from your corpse too ... best die at home like mum did yesterday...

    I agree with your analysis, it matches my own

    Your dog, of course, is only receiving better treatment because you pay for the privilege privately through insurance of swallowing hard before handing over your card. My doctor and my dentist alike envy the motors on the parking space of the local vets, but then again, as both readily admit, if they had to shove their hands where vets do, they'd charge that much too...
    Sorry for your loss JoG. You are right and have given that instruction to my long suffering kids but of course when push comes to shove they dialled 999 in the hope that I would last another day. I am one of those who refused the fancy National data base - government IT skills procurement always has me worried - but it seems to me that there should be a way to track a patient through a building without constant paper back-up . Perhaps I'm missing something. For sure my current state of both mental and physical well being makes that highly possible.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 178 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post

    I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it.

    Sorry, had to chuckle at that. But hope you feel better soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    9,566
    Thanks
    2,146
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I was carted off in an ambulance as an emergency last week. It's never happened to me before so apart from the immediate health concerns the experience was of interest. It was a mixed package. 999 - paramedic - excellent, ambulance - also excellent, A&E - busy but no diagnosis, panic as the 4 hours deadline approached so they carted me off at 1am to the acute care unit.

    This appeared to be anything but any sort of care unit. It was impossible to sleep with constant arrivals and departures with doctors and nurses holding consultations with patients all night (I have slept better at an airport). More tests followed so that in all I had gone over 36 hours without being able to sleep. As they informed me that I would be another night in that ward I collapsed. Suddenly they moved me to a surgical ward which was the total opposite where I was at last given some care although they admitted they could do little for me. Diagnosis followed, I was concerned that I was using up a bed where someone else might need it to be told that there were plenty of beds and not to worry.

    They have sent me home - thankfully - with some meds, no info, little confidence in forthcoming outpatient treatment and a hope to go private. My dog would have received better at the vets. Something has to be done. Everywhere I was there was staff messing about the nurses station while patients went ignored. There were people wandering about holding a piece of paper or a file apparently walking in circles. There were people constantly looking for people. They took my details and life story 5 times onto different forms. They had me sign their no responsibility agreement twice. I wonder what the man hours would add up to over a year in just one hospital.

    I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it. Believe me something has to happen!

    Oh I forgot - I needed a specific diet. The forms intimate it was possible. It wasn't - so I was unable to eat too.
    Oh blimey hope all goes well
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,303
    Thanks
    893
    Thanked 699 Times in 587 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I was carted off in an ambulance as an emergency last week. It's never happened to me before so apart from the immediate health concerns the experience was of interest. It was a mixed package. 999 - paramedic - excellent, ambulance - also excellent, A&E - busy but no diagnosis, panic as the 4 hours deadline approached so they carted me off at 1am to the acute care unit.

    This appeared to be anything but any sort of care unit. It was impossible to sleep with constant arrivals and departures with doctors and nurses holding consultations with patients all night (I have slept better at an airport). More tests followed so that in all I had gone over 36 hours without being able to sleep. As they informed me that I would be another night in that ward I collapsed. Suddenly they moved me to a surgical ward which was the total opposite where I was at last given some care although they admitted they could do little for me. Diagnosis followed, I was concerned that I was using up a bed where someone else might need it to be told that there were plenty of beds and not to worry.

    They have sent me home - thankfully - with some meds, no info, little confidence in forthcoming outpatient treatment and a hope to go private. My dog would have received better at the vets. Something has to be done. Everywhere I was there was staff messing about the nurses station while patients went ignored. There were people wandering about holding a piece of paper or a file apparently walking in circles. There were people constantly looking for people. They took my details and life story 5 times onto different forms. They had me sign their no responsibility agreement twice. I wonder what the man hours would add up to over a year in just one hospital.

    I had a wristband with a bar code, this is the digital age, they didn't once use it. Believe me something has to happen!

    Oh I forgot - I needed a specific diet. The forms intimate it was possible. It wasn't - so I was unable to eat too.
    As Cromwell said, blimey. I hope you are better.

Similar Threads

  1. Labour threat to vote against Theresa May's Brexit plan
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 25-09-2018, 01:38 PM
  2. Attacks on shop workers up 15% on last year
    By Know it in forum Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2018, 02:58 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 11:08 AM
  4. 10 year plan?
    By T00ts in forum Brexit
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 21-12-2016, 10:21 PM
  5. Anti-Semitism: Theresa May attacks 'twisted' Labour views
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •