Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: SNP Xmas

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hmmm, pretty much our argument about the UK relationship in the EU parliament. Yet Scotland think the EU will be much better for them.
    Not according to full fact it isnt barry.

They say you are wrong.

The British government has voted against EU laws 2% of the time since 1999
    Official EU voting records* show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999, according to UK in a Changing Europe Fellows Sara Hagemann and Simon Hix.
    In other words, UK ministers were on the “winning side” 95% of the time, abstained 3% of the time, and were on the losing side 2%.
    https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts...-uk-influence/

to try and compare scotland in the uk to scotland in the eu is laughable nonsense barry.

sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Not according to full fact it isnt barry.

They say you are wrong.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts...-uk-influence/

to try and compare scotland in the uk to scotland in the eu is laughable nonsense barry.

All credit where it is due,making being part of the UK sound even worse than being part of the EU,just one thing if you want out you have to convince the EU they couldn't possibly lose a referendum and even if they do,you have to convince everybody to keep voting until they win anyway.Just a little fact for you,hate the UK or not.
    Oh and if they think they might lose,they will put a clause in saying it is only an advisory vote.Whereas we made them all give their word of honour so everybody could see their word ain't worth a carrot anyway.
    So if the SNP fancy a wry smile,next time any of our westminster politicians call themselves the right honourable even the SNP bunch of vagabonds it is there for the taking.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    All credit where it is due,making being part of the UK sound even worse than being part of the EU,just one thing if you want out you have to convince the EU they couldn't possibly lose a referendum and even if they do,you have to convince everybody to keep voting until they win anyway.Just a little fact for you,hate the UK or not.
    i dont hate the uk sheepy , i just think it is long past its sell by date , a bit like the roman empire , and should be consigned to the dustbin of history.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    i dont hate the uk sheepy , i just think it is long past its sell by date , a bit like the roman empire , and should be consigned to the dustbin of history.
    I would think they would all rather go down with the ship rather than admit politics is due the biggest shake up since the last civil war.

Thanks
    I'm with you, Scotland should leave the UK as quickly as possible. This in turn would save the English tax payer a fortune
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    I'm with you, Scotland should leave the UK as quickly as possible. This in turn would save the English tax payer a fortune
    Explain how that would be the case!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One way or another the Roman empire lasted 2,000 years, so it looks as though the UK will be here for about another millenium and a half

Thanks
    With all due respect, it's only been the last couple of decades the Scotts have used knives and forks, and their idea of posh eating is frying Mars bars in batter. Seriously, if you want to go it alone you have my blessing.
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    One way or another the Roman empire lasted 2,000 years, so it looks as though the UK will be here for about another millenium and a half
    The UK hasn't been any kind of empire for more than a century now. England is not the mighty Roman Empire, it didn't last for more than a couple of centuries. Get over it...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Findeton View Post
    The UK hasn't been any kind of empire for more than a century now. England is not the mighty Roman Empire, it didn't last for more than a couple of centuries. Get over it...
    Well that is fairly obvious,when a little man in Brussels can tell you how you live everyday of your life and a Japanese businessman can tell you how you run your country.Besides a bunch of foreign bankers.