Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Strasbourg Murders

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries

Strasbourg Murders

I wont bother with links, its all over the BBC.

I came home from the curry house last night, turned on the TV and the Beeb are running an interview with a bloke who is holed up in a restaurant in Strasbourgs Christmas market telling me he and others (lots of others, I presume) kept CPR'ing a guy for 45 minutes until a doctor told him he was wasting his time.

At first I thought the yellow jackets had kicked off again but it now seems someone "known" to the state left his home in a hurry this morning, leaving the grenades he had behind, when plod and others came calling, and it all went turbo about half seven our time

It also seems the new widow of the chap the doctors authorised abandonment of - thus releasing the guy speaking from prosecution for failing to be a good Samaritan - had been trapped in the eatery of which her husband's corpse blocked the doorway for two hours and more while French Police kettled the place, and the President of the European Parliament (which one of the five it was, I have no idea) told tge Press the most important thing was to control what the public were told....

ALSO, a British MEP tweeted to say he was fine, but trapped in one of Strasbourgs finer restaurants.

I suppose it could have been worse. He could have been trapped in the restaurant Theresa May was trapped in, or even worse, he might have been a Westminster MP who would now have to fave the ordeal of presenting receipts to back his expenses claim
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Barry (12-12-2018), viking (12-12-2018)

Thanks
    The offender has a "Fiche S" tag with French security services. That designation lasts a year before it is reviewed. (Currently 5000 people are Fiche S.)
    Fiche S is a catch all for potential terrorists, dangerous, (in the view of the state,) political activists, and serious anti government **** stirrers.
    (Personally I am surprised there are only 20000 of them.)
    The similar British list is much bigger than that.

Edited because 5000 Fiche S has been updated by France 24 a few minutes ago..

Thanks
    Just another islamic terrorist Attack. Reset the timer and wait for the next one.
    «The Muslims refuse our culture and try to impose their culture on us. I reject them, and this is not only my duty toward my culture - it is toward my values, my principles, my civilization.» - Oriana Fallaci

Thanks
    The attacker killed apparently at random. The philosophy behind his actions is reported to be radicalisation behind bars. I wonder how many of those inside our jails are also being radicalised by the extremists they share space with?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 776 Posts
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    The offender has a "Fiche S" tag with French security services. That designation lasts a year before it is reviewed. (Currently 5000 people are Fiche S.)
    Fiche S is a catch all for potential terrorists, dangerous, (in the view of the state,) political activists, and serious anti government **** stirrers.
    (Personally I am surprised there are only 20000 of them.)
    The similar British list is much bigger than that.

Edited because 5000 Fiche S has been updated by France 24 a few minutes ago..

As far as Im concerned that is 5000 people who should either be deported or locked up . Protecting the general population is no1 priority of any government and allowing such people to live amongst us is just not on .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetwalker For This Useful Post:

Major Sinic (12-12-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

As far as Im concerned that is 5000 people who should either be deported or locked up . Protecting the general population is no1 priority of any government and allowing such people to live amongst us is just not on .
    Apparently it is 25000 on the fiche S list, (I blame 24 hour news reporting.)

That is still a very long way short of the figure for the UK.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,079 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    At first I thought the yellow jackets had kicked off again but it now seems someone "known" to the state left his home in a hurry this morning, leaving the grenades he had behind, when plod and others came calling, and it all went turbo about half seven our time

It also seems the new widow of the chap the doctors authorised abandonment of - thus releasing the guy speaking from prosecution for failing to be a good Samaritan - had been trapped in the eatery of which her husband's corpse blocked the doorway for two hours and more while French Police kettled the place, and the President of the European Parliament (which one of the five it was, I have no idea) told tge Press the most important thing was to control what the public were told....
    The public are being told by the press that the evasion of arrest by this grenade keeper was not connected to the later events.
    Why do they publish such crap.
    They must think we came down with the last shower.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The public are being told by the press that the evasion of arrest by this grenade keeper was not connected to the later events.
    Why do they publish such crap.
    They must think we came down with the last shower.

Quite I suspect the raid initiated the later action, or at least made it less planned.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 1,079 Posts
    Main suspect Cherif Chekatt or however you spell it has been killed in a shootout with police, only 2km from where the attack took place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 776 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Apparently it is 25000 on the fiche S list, (I blame 24 hour news reporting.)

That is still a very long way short of the figure for the UK.
    Ah , I saw the 5000 and recognised it as a previous quoted number of known or potential jihadists .My fault for not paying attention .I guess that leaves 20,000 anti government sorts who of course should not be locked up or deported .
    Still the good news is the new number is 4,999 .