Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brexit full legal advice published

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Ditto that .

Though this was a possibility within the writings of the 'deal' ,why several front benchers have walked and why many in Parliament will not be backing it . We didn't really need the full legal advice to know that Mayhem has got this wrong on all levels and has been lying through her teeth for some time .
    Its maybe a good time to remind ourselves what she was saying less than 2 months ago .On 21st September 2018 a statement was released in which among other things she said with regard to a customs border between N Ireland and the rest of the UK

''It is something I will never agree to ''

Or maybe with regard to staying in the customs union

'' It would make a mockery of the referendum ''

She finished the speech by saying she would not break up the union nor overturn the result of the referendum , she is on course to do both .

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...september-2018
    well without a doubt streetwalker may is a compulsive liar who is in a total state of constant denial.

Im beginning to think she has mental health issues , and i dont say that lightly.

Brexit itself though is on course to break up the union.

The scottish parliament voted down mays brexit deal yesterday , the welsh senedd voted it down the day before , and the majority of mps from the 6 counties are going to vote against it at westminster.

Thats the scottish people , the scottish parliament and scottish mps all in a massive majority against not just mays deal but brexit itself.

Interestingly if you took out all the snp msps from the scottish parliament , it would still have been voted down.

I have said for a while now the union will not survive Englands brexit. It looks increasingly like westminster are coming to that same conclusion and are choosing to shaft the english brexiters rather than see the union ended.

Meanwhile the eccentric and calamitous may carrys on regardless on another planet trying to push her middle way through the "uk" parliament .

Brexit cannot be achieved in any way shape or form that satisfies everyone and keeps the union together.

So im going for mays deal being voted down , and no brexit next march , with everything being kicked into the long grass.

If im wrong , and mays deal gets through , then watch events unfold and the union disintegrate.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    well without a doubt streetwalker may is a compulsive liar who is in a total state of constant denial.

Im beginning to think she has mental health issues , and i dont say that lightly.

Brexit itself though is on course to break up the union.

The scottish parliament voted down mays brexit deal yesterday , the welsh senedd voted it down the day before , and the majority of mps from the 6 counties are going to vote against it at westminster.

Thats the scottish people , the scottish parliament and scottish mps all in a massive majority against not just mays deal but brexit itself.

Interestingly if you took out all the snp msps from the scottish parliament , it would still have been voted down.

I have said for a while now the union will not survive Englands brexit. It looks increasingly like westminster are coming to that same conclusion and are choosing to shaft the english brexiters rather than see the union ended.

Meanwhile the eccentric and calamitous may carrys on regardless on another planet trying to push her middle way through the "uk" parliament .

Brexit cannot be achieved in any way shape or form that satisfies everyone and keeps the union together.

So im going for mays deal being voted down , and no brexit next march , with everything being kicked into the long grass.

If im wrong , and mays deal gets through , then watch events unfold and the union disintegrate.
    Mays deal has as much chance of getting through as I have of being elected king of Scotland .

What happens next is the question . Im going for a one year extension to article 50 which will give the rabble in Westminster enough rope to well and truly hang themselves

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post

None of the above really counts. I dare say that the provinces will make their usual fuss, but at the end of the day the total population of Ulster, Wales and Scotland is only 16% of the UK total.

It is hard to believe that Dozy Doris really is as daft as she makes out. Is it possible that she has made some sort of deal with sufficient English MPs to swing the balance?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post

It is hard to believe that Dozy Doris really is as daft as she makes out. Is it possible that she has made some sort of deal with sufficient English MPs to swing the balance?
    No to the first question ,she is a remainer and has put forward a remainers version of leaving the EU in that we don't , ever .

She has no chance whatsoever of swinging the balance ,in fact she will loose so badly the vote might even be cancelled and declared a mismatch

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    None of the above really counts. I dare say that the provinces will make their usual fuss, but at the end of the day the total population of Ulster, Wales and Scotland is only 16% of the UK total.
    ?
    Well i dare say England will keep making a fuss , meanwhile at the end of the day england is only 10% of the total population of the eu with a land mass that can fit inside france alone 5 times over.

You keep telling us that none of the above matters , but the whole planet has just watched as the little old 6 counties of the north of ireland , the smallest poorest part of the disunited kingdom , have the "english" government at westminster in the palm of its hands and has put a constant bar through the wheels of Englands brexit for the last two years and continues to do so.

Thats before we even talk about scotland.

So while you flippantly dismiss the jocks taffs and paddies as irrelevant , everyone knows how empty and hollow those words really are .

Well im hoping so , and then we can have some clarity out of the brexit fog .

...but knowing dozy doris and her luck , she will squeak the vote through , then something else will go horribly wrong for her .

She either has a cunning plan , or she really is so deluded to the point of insanity.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Mays deal has as much chance of getting through as I have of being elected king of Scotland .

What happens next is the question . Im going for a one year extension to article 50 which will give the rabble in Westminster enough rope to well and truly hang themselves
    Well streetwalker your guess is as good as anyones to be honest.