Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baroness Osamor joins the House of Lords

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Are you joking or are you anti-Semitic yourself? Because taken at face value, that remark is plainly ant-Jewish.
    Joking ? No. But to explain requires me to dig up some news articles from the time of Corbyn starting to be a serious contender for the job he holds now. Articles that said no man who was not a "friend of Israel" should be allowed to gain the job.

Now, some may say this is just another way of saying "no man that stands to honour Irish political extremists, invites Irish murderers for tea, honours Arab political extremists, and s a fully signed up Marxist Republican dedicated to overthrow the role of the British sovereign in our Parliament" shoukd have the chance to rise to that position. But it's a funny way of saying that, and a country that doesn't like people making that observation isn't one I care to build the nukes to defend it with.

But then again, when I did build them, we knew the difference between those two.positions ....

and for the record, I'm equally pissed off that the yanks, the arabs, the european union and way, way above tbem the irish have WAY too much influence in the way the country I thought was ours is run.

So no, I'm not 'anti semitic", well certainly not in the way you have been brainwashed to use a term that describes both descendant of Jacob and Esau equally.

I mean, you DO know that, don't you, that one side in the rather unequal disagreement that's been going on in the middle East for quite a while would rather like you to use the word.

If you wish to accuse me of Jew hatred, then go right out and use the proper words. The fact is I hate all foreigners who hold sway over how I am forced to live in the country I was born in, and while they're in that list, I don't have a league table and a lot of people that they don't remotely get on with are in there too.9
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Joking ? No. But to explain requires me to dig up some news articles from the time of Corbyn starting to be a serious contender for the job he holds now. Articles that said no man who was not a "friend of Israel" should be allowed to gain the job.

Now, some may say this is just another way of saying "no man that stands to honour Irish political extremists, invites Irish murderers for tea, honours Arab political extremists, and s a fully signed up Marxist Republican dedicated to overthrow the role of the British sovereign in our Parliament" shoukd have the chance to rise to that position. But it's a funny way of saying that, and a country that doesn't like people making that observation isn't one I care to build the nukes to defend it with.

But then again, when I did build them, we knew the difference between those two.positions ....

and for the record, I'm equally pissed off that the yanks, the arabs, the european union and way, way above tbem the irish have WAY too much influence in the way the country I thought was ours is run.

So no, I'm not 'anti semitic", well certainly not in the way you have been brainwashed to use a term that describes both descendant of Jacob and Esau equally.

I mean, you DO know that, don't you, that one side in the rather unequal disagreement that's been going on in the middle East for quite a while would rather like you to use the word.

If you wish to accuse me of Jew hatred, then go right out and use the proper words. The fact is I hate all foreigners who hold sway over how I am forced to live in the country I was born in, and while they're in that list, I don't have a league table and a lot of people that they don't remotely get on with are in there too.9
    OK, you've explained yourself. I don't agree with your view.
    It's also no good having a go at me about the terms I use when I made it perfectly clear by using the term "Anti-Jewish", although I now notice a typo "ant-Jewish" but you knew exactly what I meant.
    I know you are a clever bloke, but I do wonder if sometimes you allow your past to affect your current view and future too much. I also know that you have reason to hold bitterness against foreigners, but that bitterness will never help anything. Let it go, man!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    OK, you've explained yourself. I don't agree with your view.
    It's also no good having a go at me about the terms I use when I made it perfectly clear by using the term "Anti-Jewish", although I now notice a typo "ant-Jewish" but you knew exactly what I meant.
    I know you are a clever bloke, but I do wonder if sometimes you allow your past to affect your current view and future too much. I also know that you have reason to hold bitterness against foreigners, but that bitterness will never help anything. Let it go, man!
    I wasn't having a go at your typo. I was pointing out your falling for the propaganda in using a word the way a certain ethnic and belief group want it used instead of what it was created to mean.

This is rather important, it goes to the heart of the true meaning of Orwells line about always being at war with EastAsia.

The Israeli Parliament has engaged in a mission to deny the semitic identity of the neighbours they are at war with and this has been a ploy used since before there was an Israeli Parliament. It is the very same dehumanization used against them in the past, yet strangely our society plays along.

The act of attempting such removal of identity is of course not restricted to that conflict, and has been practised ever since one hominid picked up a rock and beat the microbrain out of another
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

Barry (06-12-2018)