Thread: what do we really want now and after Brexit

Thanks

what do we really want now and after Brexit

What I want is closed borders to poverty stricken migrants coming in and being housed, helped with work on low wages this country sets as minimum wage which they see as a way to work and return money to their families,its unfair and unjust on English people,and why should we help others that their Country does not help them,our jobs for our people, if they work for those that pay low wages it is obvious we cant do those same jobs as our outgoings are established and hence naturally higher than for migrants, businesses deliberately hire migrants so they pay little to them, boosting their profits. Alot of Migrants initially live in bedsits together and are happy to do the work as our pay is far better than theirs, meanwhile we are seeing less jobs for us, in areas that should be employing the English people on a decent wage.
    The bedroom tax should be axed, national minimum wage changed for all to national LIVING wage.
    Return migrants back to their Countries, those that brought poverty with them not housed in our Country and given work that our Countries people can do, living wage will afford for more people to get jobs that alot of minimum wage jobs are too low for people to take on, lower rental property prices to help people along with the prospects of a living wage which enables quality of life, stop estate and letting agents constantly pushing up house prices, the agents get a basic wage and then commission on sales and rentals, they dictate the prices, no one body is there to enforce control over how much a property is valued and rented out at, never has there been control on this hence why astronomical prices are as they are.
    stop price hiking in grocery/ supermarkets, prices are too high , one dozen eggs rose in one jump from 1.99 to 2.19, how can they justify that? one example only, in each shop, prices are different for the same product, and brand. so why is this permitted? looking as I do as a consumer, and shop worker, I see what is happening and the customers are not happy, many refuse the prices and go without a product. if prices were reduced we buy more, same in everything. Stop importing bad cheap mass produced products from China. most is cheap low grade materials, manly plasic and made for the sake of making money, in otherwords most items are tacky low priced gifts etc. we dont need any of it. start investing in our own useful quality products. ban plastic carrier bags, one store has done so, use compostable bags for carriers which in turn are used for food waste.stop closing our banks and post offices. putting post offices in grocery stores is unfair on the shop assistants work load and not paid extra for becoming a post office clerk. we need high street banks, they wont discuss certain things over the phone and tell you to go to a branch to do so, where then... if they are closed where do we go?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tilly For This Useful Post:

lankou (03-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Hi Tilly welcome to the forum, the mod team are Bright Young Thing,Cromwell and DeppityDawg.Your first few posts may need approving,have a look around at all the sections and a squint at the rules is helpful. Feel free to join in, the introduce yourself thread can break the ice. Most importantly enjoy the debate!

If you need any help please PM one of us
    Sold down the river,well actually in this case the channel and substitute plantation owners for eu.
    Also unless I post as moderator please understand all other posts are as an ordinary member.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    What I want is closed borders to poverty stricken migrants coming in and being housed, helped with work on low wages this country sets as minimum wage which they see as a way to work and return money to their families,its unfair and unjust on English people,and why should we help others that their Country does not help them,our jobs for our people, if they work for those that pay low wages it is obvious we cant do those same jobs as our outgoings are established and hence naturally higher than for migrants, businesses deliberately hire migrants so they pay little to them, boosting their profits. Alot of Migrants initially live in bedsits together and are happy to do the work as our pay is far better than theirs, meanwhile we are seeing less jobs for us, in areas that should be employing the English people on a decent wage.
    The bedroom tax should be axed, national minimum wage changed for all to national LIVING wage.
    Return migrants back to their Countries, those that brought poverty with them not housed in our Country and given work that our Countries people can do, living wage will afford for more people to get jobs that alot of minimum wage jobs are too low for people to take on, lower rental property prices to help people along with the prospects of a living wage which enables quality of life, stop estate and letting agents constantly pushing up house prices, the agents get a basic wage and then commission on sales and rentals, they dictate the prices, no one body is there to enforce control over how much a property is valued and rented out at, never has there been control on this hence why astronomical prices are as they are.
    stop price hiking in grocery/ supermarkets, prices are too high , one dozen eggs rose in one jump from 1.99 to 2.19, how can they justify that? one example only, in each shop, prices are different for the same product, and brand. so why is this permitted? looking as I do as a consumer, and shop worker, I see what is happening and the customers are not happy, many refuse the prices and go without a product. if prices were reduced we buy more, same in everything. Stop importing bad cheap mass produced products from China. most is cheap low grade materials, manly plasic and made for the sake of making money, in otherwords most items are tacky low priced gifts etc. we dont need any of it. start investing in our own useful quality products. ban plastic carrier bags, one store has done so, use compostable bags for carriers which in turn are used for food waste.stop closing our banks and post offices. putting post offices in grocery stores is unfair on the shop assistants work load and not paid extra for becoming a post office clerk. we need high street banks, they wont discuss certain things over the phone and tell you to go to a branch to do so, where then... if they are closed where do we go?
    Some of that I agree with, some I don't, but this is what I want. Some of the things I would like are regardless of Brexit, but here we go anyway.

1) Stop the freedom of movement from any country anywhere in the world. The only people that should be migrating here are those we need. Any migrant should then have limited use of our welfare system until they have lived here a certain amount of time. I would also suggest they pay more income tax for a while.
    2) A levy on foreign lorry drivers. This is presently done in other EU countries, and raises good revenue.
    3) The government needs to make a concerted effort to keep fuel prices low, as this is the back bone to a strong economy
    4) The government needs to make an effort to reduce the population, as it is the basis to most of our problems. We desperately need more houses because we have too many people. We can't possibly build enough houses because we struggle for the right type of space, and the infrastructure can't cope. It's very hard to reduce the population because of the ageing population, and age imbalance, but it surely needs addressing.
    5) As a result of leaving the EU we need to look at some of the silly laws we have, but that doesn't mean we should throw the baby out with the bath water.
    6) Stop giving any money to foreign aid and spend it on our NHS.
    7) Ban political correctness, and reintroduce freedom of speech
    8) Bring back capital punishment
    9) Bring back corporal punishment
    10) Make shop lifting illegal again
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    I am agreement with this French politician a hard Brexit will make matters worse when it come to illegal immigrants.

I do disagree with the charities estimate of 2000 waiting too cross I suspect it is way more than that. They are now as far West as the Western tip of Finistere at the Westard end of the English Channel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46295769

Hard Brexit will make UK 'easy' for illegal migrants, says French MP

By Jim ConnollyNewsbeat politics editor

• 9 hours ago

A hard or chaotic Brexit would make it "very easy" for illegal migrants to get into the UK, says a French MP.
    Pierre-Henri Dumont told Radio 1 Newsbeat queues at custom checks would give people more opportunity "to sneak into trucks".
    Charities say around 2,000 migrants are living on the French coast and many want to get to the UK.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    I am agreement with this French politician a hard Brexit will make matters worse when it come to illegal immigrants.

I do disagree with the charities estimate of 2000 waiting too cross I suspect it is way more than that. They are now as far West as the Western tip of Finistere at the Westard end of the English Channel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46295769

Hard Brexit will make UK 'easy' for illegal migrants, says French MP

By Jim ConnollyNewsbeat politics editor

• 9 hours ago

A hard or chaotic Brexit would make it "very easy" for illegal migrants to get into the UK, says a French MP.
    Pierre-Henri Dumont told Radio 1 Newsbeat queues at custom checks would give people more opportunity "to sneak into trucks".
    Charities say around 2,000 migrants are living on the French coast and many want to get to the UK.
    You may well be right, because we bow down to the liberal snowflakes. Most of the boats these immigrants come over on are inflatable, and therefore it only takes a pin or something as sharp to deflate them, and there lies the answer.
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late