Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Don't You Just Love the French

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Well, I suppose it depends what you mean by blackout. In the last 15 minutes I have found several articles from French broadcast / media sites covering the on going protests but as each requires payment to read beyond a few articles a month ...

What I have read makes it clear the hoped for (by macron) fizzing out of the movement is not happening as he hoped, although there is much talk of infiltration of the movement by the left and the right.

What I think more worrying is the takeover if the agenda by the greenards who are now demanding the setup.of "citizen assemblies" to consider community measures to become greener...
    Well I can say without a doubt,good luck with that,because they obviously haven't listened just like Macron.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    Yes there are. There are always ringleaders in orchestrated violence.
    This appears to be no more orchestrated than flash dance. Identifying and pinning responsibility on organisers is likely to be difficult — bit like the riots here a few years ago. Snatching a few people from the crowds looks to be a more likely run of events...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy — DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    This appears to be no more orchestrated than flash dance. Identifying and pinning responsibility on organisers is likely to be difficult — bit like the riots here a few years ago. Snatching a few people from the crowds looks to be a more likely run of events...
    Pinning 'responsibility' on organisers is always difficult, Pat. But then as always, "appears" is the operative word in your post, as you never display the remotest practical knowledge of anything. Petrol bombs and explosive devices that make themselves, gas masks and breathing apparatus that appear out of thin air, barricades that pop up out of boxes. Its all just magic, Pat isn't it?

The 'riots' there lasted a few days. Even then, there are always those who come out of the woodwork to take advantage of a situation. I think you'd probably take a different stance if it was one of your "portfolio" properties they burnt down.

Thanks
    I know who the ring leader is,in fact here he is.
    https://sputniknews.com/europe/20181...-cover-hitler/
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Pinning 'responsibility' on organisers is always difficult, Pat. But then as always, "appears" is the operative word in your post, as you never display the remotest practical knowledge of anything. Petrol bombs and explosive devices that make themselves, gas masks and breathing apparatus that appear out of thin air, barricades that pop up out of boxes. Its all just magic, Pat isn't it?

The 'riots' there lasted a few days. Even then, there are always those who come out of the woodwork to take advantage of a situation. I think you'd probably take a different stance if it was one of your "portfolio" properties they burnt down.
    I’m not sure what stance of mine you have identified. I have only spent one day in Paris since the manifestations began, and have no first hand knowledge of the grievances in France and the unrest they’ve led to. So any opinions I have can only be based on news reports, current appearances, and past experiences. That’s why I suggest there are no leaders/organisers of the unrest to identify. As you say, a few groups take advantage of the main movement to wreck iconic parts of the state and infrastructure. These might be identified and picked up, plus a few shouting demonstrators can be snatched. But that won’t deal with the mass spontaneous uprisings that are the main bulk of the unrest...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy — DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    I’m not sure what stance of mine you have identified. I have only spent one day in Paris since the manifestations began, and have no first hand knowledge of the grievances in France and the unrest they’ve led to. So any opinions I have can only be based on news reports, current appearances, and past experiences. That’s why I suggest there are no leaders/organisers of the unrest to identify. As you say, a few groups take advantage of the main movement to wreck iconic parts of the state and infrastructure. These might be identified and picked up, plus a few shouting demonstrators can be snatched. But that won’t deal with the mass spontaneous uprisings that are the main bulk of the unrest...
    As you said, you've no first hand knowledge, so you've no real idea what is happening, only what the news tells you. I refer you to an earlier post to another member. Note the use of the word "orchestrating"

Which perfectly illustrates that you don't read or comprehend what is being said even when its written down. I haven't said anywhere that they are "representative" of the protestors, I have said there are extremist ringleaders involved in orchestrating the violence in pursuit of their own agendas. "Ordinary" people do not know how to fight the Police on the streets and would be dispersed in 15 minutes without people who know how to mitigate Police/security forces riot control tactics.

"Orchestrated" violence is just that, and I would expect a man of your claimed education and intelligence to be able to recognise defining words. As for "spontaneous uprisings", this has been going on for months now Pat, the spontaneous element then being remarkably long lived, particularly as the numbers are in their low thousands if not hundreds at best. But most of all, you will notice that there is no comment about the motives of the protestors, only those that seek to use such unrest for their own agendas. As with all these things, the "main bulk of the unrest" is generally in the eye of the media, not ordinary people, for whom complaining on the internet or waving a protest placard is generally middle classily risqué enough.