Thread: Deutsche Bank offices raided in money laundering probe

Thanks

Deutsche Bank offices raided in money laundering probe

No-one else has started a thread on this news item, so I have.

I wonder when a bank, other financial institution or one of the dodgy accountancy or dodgy auditors in Britain is going to be busted like this:-

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-d...-idUSKCN1NY0ZN

NOVEMBER 29, 2018 / 9:27 AM / UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Police raided six Deutsche Bank offices in and around Frankfurt on Thursday over money laundering allegations linked to the “Panama Papers”, the public prosecutor’s office in Germany’s financial capital said.

Investigators are looking into the activities of two unnamed Deutsche Bank employees alleged to have helped clients set up offshore firms to launder money, the prosecutor’s office said. It focuses on the years 2013 through to 2018, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor’s office said.
    Around 170 police officers, prosecutors and tax inspectors searched the offices where written and electronic business documents were seized.

Thanks
    Well Deutsche Bank hasn't been accused of anything but rather two of its employees from a branch in Estonia . Its a bit like Barclays offices at Churchill Place being raided because wrongdoings at a branch in Dublin .

Don't know what they expect to find in Frankfurt but to me it looks like they have used the Estonia enquiry to have a look at the books .
    Not entirely sure that would be allowed in the UK .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Well Deutsche Bank hasn't been accused of anything but rather two of its employees from a branch in Estonia . Its a bit like Barclays offices at Churchill Place being raided because wrongdoings at a branch in Dublin .

Don't know what they expect to find in Frankfurt but to me it looks like they have used the Estonia enquiry to have a look at the books .
    "Around 170 police officers, prosecutors and tax inspectors searched the offices where written and electronic business documents were seized."

I doubt that HMRC has 170 fully trained tax inspectors left. And how many coppers do you need as back up when turning over a few book keepers? All I ever got was Little Nell from the VAT section as was. She had a voice that would take the paint off walls, but there was only the one of her.

Clearly things are different in Estonia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post

I wouldn't worry so much about it,they have been warning them for two years,so anything that could be iffy is most likely long gone.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!