Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Black knife crime in london.

Thanks
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Please don't accuse me of lying. I ran a men's wear shop called R Temple Ltd in 1979, and it was on Atlantic Road, a short distance from the "Front Line". The area was so violent and scary, I only stuck the job for about six months. I had about half a dozen members of staff, all black and aged between about 17 and 24. Every one carried a small to medium sized knife, generally in a sock.
    Well we must move in different circles ,while you were in your shop employing some rather dubious characters who I would have barred from the shop on the spot , I was on the street , at the college and in the pubs shopping in the fabulous market without any problem .

By the way the 'Front line ' came about after the riots in 81 so there really was no need to worry in 79 .
    Last edited by Streetwalker; 30-11-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: double post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Well we must move in different circles ,while you were in your shop employing some rather dubious characters who I would have barred from the shop on the spot , I was on the street , at the college and in the pubs shopping in the fabulous market without any problem .

By the way the 'Front line ' came about after the riots in 81 so there really was no need to worry in 79 .
    Wrong. The front line was there in the 1970s, but it wasn't particularly well known as the front line until Eddie Grants record in 1981. Yes we must have moved in different circles. On a weekly basis I had to ring the police or an ambulance because a person had been mugged, or a woman assaulted near the shop. Insurance companies would only insure the store if it had two independent alarm systems, the shop lifting was terrible, and members of staff on a few occasions had to drag aggressive customers off of me. I was once attacked by a black guy because I picked his friend's lighter up off of the floor. He told me to get my filthy white hands of it, and Lincoln (a rather large sales assistant) pulled him off of me. As it happens, many years later, about 2005, I ended up having a Brixton store under my wing (I was an area manager). Brixton had then become a much safer place, and I quite enjoyed going there, albeit the manager was hopeless. Unfortunately the troubles Brixton once had were adopted by Stretham, which was quite a scary place to visit. I haven't been back to that area since 2005, and to be honest, have no wish to.

You may want to read this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railton_Road
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late