Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trump the worst President in living memory?

Thanks

Is Trump the worst President in living memory?

Having seen Kennedy onwards, I would say unequivocally he is way and beyond the worst.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to albertcornercrew For This Useful Post:

viking (22-11-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    Having seen Kennedy onwards, I would say unequivocally he is way and beyond the worst.
    Trump is the most dangerous.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 776 Posts
    Albert

It would seem that the American people don't altogether agree with you.

Most of the accusations leveled at him are at least partially true; misogynist, rude, arrogant, womaniser, bully, corrupt (although the US would have been no better off in this regard with Clinton) however he is trying to do what he was elected to do and in terms of the economy he is succeeding in a way Obamah never did, he has progressed further in negotiating with N.Korea than any other President and hasn't yet taken the USA , and by past association the UK, into wars he can never win, and in the case of Gulf 2 (Iraq) one which was illegal as did Bush Jnr.

At the end of the day whether you support him, tolerate him or hate him you don't have a vote, and who the American people elect is quite frankly feck all to do with you or me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    .... he is trying to do what he was elected to do and in terms of the economy he is succeeding in a way Obamah never did, he has progressed further in negotiating with N.Korea than any other President
    This is debatable - the performance of the economy generally lags way behind the actions of any one president or government - quite a few economists believe the current good state of the US economy is due either wholly or at least partially to actions before Trump was elected. For the same reason, it would be better to wait quite a few more years before judging Trump's economic performance.

As regards North Korea, I would argue the same - it remains to be seen whether Trump's actions will have positive or negative results, and even then I suspect it will be a matter of conjecture whether it's causal or not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Albert

It would seem that the American people don't altogether agree with you.

Most of the accusations leveled at him are at least partially true; misogynist, rude, arrogant, womaniser, bully, corrupt (although the US would have been no better off in this regard with Clinton) however he is trying to do what he was elected to do and in terms of the economy he is succeeding in a way Obamah never did, he has progressed further in negotiating with N.Korea than any other President and hasn't yet taken the USA , and by past association the UK, into wars he can never win, and in the case of Gulf 2 (Iraq) one which was illegal as did Bush Jnr.

At the end of the day whether you support him, tolerate him or hate him you don't have a vote, and who the American people elect is quite frankly feck all to do with you or me.
    Major, I wonder when the Americans will wake up to the fact that his Presidency is compiled of all the things you acknowledge to be true, even partly, about him.
    Personally, I think we get the politicians we deserve and thus the Americans get Trump. The man now tolerates state assassination of the press corps. That even by his anti- press rhetoric is despicable. Many vile despots have had some policy successes which their sycophants point to in order to exonerate their leader from ridicule and scorn.

Trump, however goes beyond the norms of political discourse and subterfuge. He blatant lies and expects people to beleive his rants. He creates policy by tweet and expects others to do his bidding.
    As for the other incumbents, they aren't exactly shining lights and you could include Nixon in your list of hapless Presidential numpties, but this one takes the biscuit in terms of obnoxious behaviour.
    My thoughts on him may mean feck all to the Americans, but I will express them nevertheless.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to albertcornercrew For This Useful Post:

grumzed (22-11-2018)

Thanks
    It is hard to think of any characteristic in Trump that I would admire or wish young people to emulate. As President of the USA I think he should be, at least to some extent, a good example to others. I also think the positive change in the US economy, even if it is down to some of his policies (rather than being just that US business favours Republicans), may not be sustained beyond some short term advances on Wall Street. IMO, he is openly arrogant, rude, a misogynist, a crook and thick as a plank. Even Nixon had some redeeming features!

Thanks
    He is digging a hole at the moment,check back later.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grumzed View Post
    IMO, he is openly arrogant, rude, a misogynist, a crook and thick as a plank.

I dont necessarily disagree but how bad was the alternative if they couldn't win against him...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I dont necessarily disagree but how bad was the alternative if they couldn't win against him...
    Could it be an example of mass self harming — a bit like Brexit...?
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Could it be an example of mass self harming — a bit like Brexit...?
    Or, like Brexit, it could just be that the alternative was even worse..