Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trump the worst President in living memory?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 776 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    Major, I wonder when the Americans will wake up to the fact that his Presidency is compiled of all the things you acknowledge to be true, even partly, about him.
    Personally, I think we get the politicians we deserve and thus the Americans get Trump. The man now tolerates state assassination of the press corps. That even by his anti- press rhetoric is despicable. Many vile despots have had some policy successes which their sycophants point to in order to exonerate their leader from ridicule and scorn.

Trump, however goes beyond the norms of political discourse and subterfuge. He blatant lies and expects people to beleive his rants. He creates policy by tweet and expects others to do his bidding.
    As for the other incumbents, they aren't exactly shining lights and you could include Nixon in your list of hapless Presidential numpties, but this one takes the biscuit in terms of obnoxious behaviour.
    My thoughts on him may mean feck all to the Americans, but I will express them nevertheless.
    I have been something of an apologist for Trump since his election but acknowledge I am running out of conviction. However I have to admit that looking at both Trump and Clinton as individuals, and putting to one side their political philosophies, I am at a loss to understand how in a democracy of 320 or so million people, the selection process produced these two as the final two for the nation to choose from.

To my complete disgust I read in the media today that Trump has 'authorised the use of lethal measures' to combat the approaching tide of economic refugees from South America. I fully respect the US's right to refuse to accept these refugees, using if necessary robust measures including if really necessary tear gas, rubber bullets and temporary internment, but I am entirely unable to agree with what amounts to the legalised execution of desperate people who think that they are heading to the promised land.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

Leftylib (25-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 776 Posts
    Duplicate post deleted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    However I have to admit that looking at both Trump and Clinton as individuals, and putting to one side their political philosophies, I am at a loss to understand how in a democracy of 320 or so million people, the selection process produced these two as the final two for the nation to choose from.
    Yeah - its a mystery to me as well. What is even worse is that the Democrats look to be making the same mistakes for 2020 as they did for 2016 - if they cannot find a decent candidate then it will be another 4 years of Trump.

Thanks
    I seem to recall that there was a comment sentiment over here concerning the paucity of talent on offer during the last presidential election.

Thanks
    Having read "Becoming", I fully understand how someone would have to be 110 percent committed to whatever their objective is in wanting to become President of the US and most likely withdraw from real life for decades after...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    There was a good TV show by Ed Balls where he went to meet Trump supporters in the US. He was talking to one guy who voted for Trump who expressed it quite well - 'the guys you want to stand for President who you feel could make a difference don't stand - so you can only vote for what is on offer'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,330 Posts
    Obama was the worst president, sadly, and it's taking a lot to clear up the **** he left.
    Iran faux agreement.
    Disastrous attempt at NHS.
    Libya, allowing Gaddafi to be murdered in the street, allowing their own diplomat John Stevens to be murdered in the street in Benghazi.
    So much appeasement and collaboration with extremist Muslim groups, especially Syria, where he backed the rebels instead of the legitimate government.
    Lots of tears but no action on home gun massacres.

Trumps an angel compared to him.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    I have been something of an apologist for Trump since his election but acknowledge I am running out of conviction. However I have to admit that looking at both Trump and Clinton as individuals, and putting to one side their political philosophies, I am at a loss to understand how in a democracy of 320 or so million people, the selection process produced these two as the final two for the nation to choose from.

To my complete disgust I read in the media today that Trump has 'authorised the use of lethal measures' to combat the approaching tide of economic refugees from South America. I fully respect the US's right to refuse to accept these refugees, using if necessary robust measures including if really necessary tear gas, rubber bullets and temporary internment, but I am entirely unable to agree with what amounts to the legalised execution of desperate people who think that they are heading to the promised land.
    And this Major is another example of the awfulness of Trump along with his racism and misogyny, his blatant dishonesty about almost everything, his attacks upon a free press and incitement of hatred against it, his kowtowing to Saudi Arabia and other blatant examples of international double standards, his divisiveness at home - the list is endless really.

And the example you cite - and much of the rest - is not something Obama or indeed any other former President, Democrat or Republican, would ever have done.

The man's a monster.

There is also something about him that gives me the creeps on a visceral, gut instinct level. I can't put my finger on what it is. But I used to get very similar creeped out vibes from Jimmy Saville in his heyday. There is just something about the guy on a personal level that creeps me out and I cannot put my finger upon what it is. It's just a gut instinct and could be wrong. It is irrational from a logical perspective and proves nothing. But such gut instincts in my experience - though rare - have not yet proven to be misplaced.

I strongly believe the guy is a narcissistic sociopath. But I fear the existence of darker much less public aspects to his personal character. I have no clue as to what these might be. But he gives me the creeps.

Thanks
    Depends what you mean by worst.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Thanks
    There is nothing being said by the OP. If you want us to reply to your ideas, perhaps a little more than you don't like him would be a start.

As I understand things, he is taking action to root out the communist infiltration in the American state government, and some are squealing.

Presumably you prefer McCarthy! lol.
    Judged by the content of their character