Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23
Results 221 to 229 of 229

Thread: Is it time to scrap Brexit?

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,869
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 373 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    And from the link the head of lib dims on Kent council witters on about what people of Kent didn't vote for,no what did vote was 59% leave,hmmm no him being a lib dim what does he want,oh I know remain,
    Nothing wrong with a bit of planning or councils trying to lever cash out of central govt.

    Kent County Council is Tory.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    915
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 131 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If we were to have another referendum and the result was as follows what do we do?

    30% vote for Mrs Mays Brexit

    30% vote for a no deal brexit

    40% vote to stay in the EU

    Would we stay in the EU even though 60% voted to leave?

    This is the kind of b0ll0cks that remainers want as it just muddies the water.

    So to answer the thread, NO, we should get on with it.
    In the last General Election, and in fact in most general elections, way more than 50% of people voted for choices other than the party that formed the government. Does this mean the election should be annulled as the 60% of people who didn't vote Conservative didn't win?

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    In the last General Election, and in fact in most general elections, way more than 50% of people voted for choices other than the party that formed the government. Does this mean the election should be annulled as the 60% of people who didn't vote Conservative didn't win?
    Firstly that is an established FPTP system where every choice is different.

    Secondly in my scenario you have 60% voting for the same thing.

    Finally you lot are asking for exactly what you ridiculed above, annulling a legitimate vote.
    Don't let the *******s grind you down.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    9,277
    Thanks
    2,052
    Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Kent County Council is Tory.
    Really am I supposed to be amazed and enlightened by this?
    Did you read your link and my post,why are you telling me this?
    Sold down the river,well actually in this case the channel and substitute plantation owners for eu.
    Also unless I post as moderator please understand all other posts are as an ordinary member.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,869
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 373 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Really am I supposed to be amazed and enlightened by this?
    Did you read your link and my post,why are you telling me this?

    I did both. It looked as if you were unaware if was a Tory run council.

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,313
    Thanks
    445
    Thanked 117 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    OK I give up. You win. Even though we've been talking about this for over 3 years with wall to wall coverage all over every conceivable media, polls after polls etc, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of why anyone voted leave.

    We don't have the first clue and don't know a single thing about it.

    Not a single person has ever told anyone on TV or any other media why they voted leave.

    From this we can conclude that everyone voted leave for the exact same reason as Scott777.....

    happy now?
    I didn't say there was no evidence. Just wanted YOUR evidence that supports YOUR claims. Your straw man is boring.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

    Machiavelli, The Prince

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,596
    Thanks
    517
    Thanked 463 Times in 398 Posts
    Politicians carved it up,desperately trying to find reasons for it,they are the reason for it in the first place.They would also be the reason for it the next time and the time after that and the time after that.You don't get always get the answer you want.No you have done a terrible job of representing the British people.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,869
    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 373 Times in 323 Posts
    The Kent County Council report is now available in full. (I am glad to see their planning for a hard Brexit is somewhat more comprehensive than the governments.)

    It is only 17 pages with graphics.

    https://democracy.kent.gov.uk/docume...-%20Brexit.pdf

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    9,277
    Thanks
    2,052
    Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,461 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    I did both. It looked as if you were unaware if was a Tory run council.
    Well you think wrong read the post again,
    And from the link the head of lib dims on Kent council witters on about what people of Kent didn't vote for,no what did vote was 59% leave,hmmm no him being a lib dim what does he want,oh I know remain, witters on about what people of Kent didn't vote for,no what did vote was 59% leave,hmmm no him being a lib dim what does he want,oh I know remain,
    Does it say that he heads the council?
    This is a lot of give us some money,understandable since all the local govt cuts.
    Sold down the river,well actually in this case the channel and substitute plantation owners for eu.
    Also unless I post as moderator please understand all other posts are as an ordinary member.

Similar Threads

  1. Brexit: Labour promises Lords scrap over EU Withdrawal Bill
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-04-2018, 03:03 PM
  2. Tommy got into a bit of a scrap
    By DeppityDawg in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-06-2017, 11:53 PM
  3. Tony Blair: "Time to rise up against Brexit"
    By Hyperduck Quack Quack in forum Brexit
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 21-02-2017, 07:26 PM
  4. Trident let's scrap it!
    By BLAKESMITH in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 257
    Last Post: 17-03-2016, 10:00 AM
  5. MPs in call to scrap benefit changes
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •