Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Any wonder we hack the french off?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,410
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 172 Times in 150 Posts

    Any wonder we hack the french off?

    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ss-the-channel

    A bunch of criminals steal a boat from France and the sail across the channel to escape in and are looked after while there appears to be no mention of getting the owner his boat back or returning the thieves to face the French courts.

    No wonder the French want to give us grim time over the Brexit fiasco.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,987
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 376 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ss-the-channel

    A bunch of criminals steal a boat from France and the sail across the channel to escape in and are looked after while there appears to be no mention of getting the owner his boat back or returning the thieves to face the French courts.

    No wonder the French want to give us grim time over the Brexit fiasco.
    Just because there is no mention of the owner getting his boat back does not mean that he will have any problem getting it back.
    It will obviously have to be safety checked first but that is standard in such situations.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,410
    Thanks
    74
    Thanked 172 Times in 150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Just because there is no mention of the owner getting his boat back does not mean that he will have any problem getting it back.
    It will obviously have to be safety checked first but that is standard in such situations.
    They are criminals and as such should be returned to \France to face trial for theft.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Heart of England
    Posts
    8,218
    Thanks
    1,431
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 928 Posts
    I agree they should be returned to France. Have the French issued a European Arrest Warrant, which is the current official way forward?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,362
    Thanks
    820
    Thanked 480 Times in 361 Posts
    The French will be only too glad that some migrants made it here from their shores.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,987
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 376 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    They are criminals and as such should be returned to \France to face trial for theft.

    They are claiming to be "asylum seekers." Until that is investisgated, any criminal charges will be on hold.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    They are claiming to be "asylum seekers." Until that is investisgated, any criminal charges will be on hold.
    That doesn't make a lot of sense does it. Surely if someone commits a crime it is reasonable for them to be charged with that crime regardless of their status as an asylum seeker. Surely France should issue an arrest warrant. There is no reason why their asylum claim cant be progressed from their jail cell. Once they've served their sentence if their claim is successful they can go on to the asylum granting country, or if unsuccessful, be sent back to their country of origin.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    8,899
    Thanks
    1,400
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Just because there is no mention of the owner getting his boat back does not mean that he will have any problem getting it back.
    It will obviously have to be safety checked first but that is standard in such situations.
    are we sure they stole it ?

    I think a search if the owners finances shoukd be made to see if he's received any recent payments from dodgy debit cards issued on a Panamanian bank in the name of 'soros'
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13,987
    Thanks
    288
    Thanked 376 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    are we sure they stole it ?

    I think a search if the owners finances shoukd be made to see if he's received any recent payments from dodgy debit cards issued on a Panamanian bank in the name of 'soros'

    It was stolen, (The sea condtions were far too rough for the owner to put to sea.) but VERY unusually for a French fishing boat that still puts to sea it was built back in 1980, usually boats that old are put in the middle of roundabouts, in school play areas for children to play on, or have been scrapped.

    Personally I doubt if it will be sea worth certificated after inspection in Britain

    https://www.bateaux-fecamp.fr/lepervierbl-562367/
    Last edited by lankou; 18-11-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Info correction.

Similar Threads

  1. Things the French don't tell you.
    By Sheepy in forum Political News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2018, 11:52 PM
  2. French best choice?
    By T00ts in forum Political News
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 12:44 AM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 05:34 PM
  4. French diplomats best, says UK
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2012, 10:50 AM
  5. why the french are always complaining?
    By frenchois in forum Other Countries
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 19-05-2011, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •