Thread: Any wonder we hack the french off?

Thanks

Any wonder we hack the french off?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ss-the-channel

A bunch of criminals steal a boat from France and the sail across the channel to escape in and are looked after while there appears to be no mention of getting the owner his boat back or returning the thieves to face the French courts.

No wonder the French want to give us grim time over the Brexit fiasco.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ss-the-channel

A bunch of criminals steal a boat from France and the sail across the channel to escape in and are looked after while there appears to be no mention of getting the owner his boat back or returning the thieves to face the French courts.

No wonder the French want to give us grim time over the Brexit fiasco.
    Just because there is no mention of the owner getting his boat back does not mean that he will have any problem getting it back.
    It will obviously have to be safety checked first but that is standard in such situations.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Just because there is no mention of the owner getting his boat back does not mean that he will have any problem getting it back.
    It will obviously have to be safety checked first but that is standard in such situations.
    They are criminals and as such should be returned to \France to face trial for theft.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,265 Times in 928 Posts
    I agree they should be returned to France. Have the French issued a European Arrest Warrant, which is the current official way forward?

Thanks
    The French will be only too glad that some migrants made it here from their shores.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    They are criminals and as such should be returned to \France to face trial for theft.

They are claiming to be "asylum seekers." Until that is investisgated, any criminal charges will be on hold.

Thanks
    They are claiming to be "asylum seekers." Until that is investisgated, any criminal charges will be on hold.
    That doesn't make a lot of sense does it. Surely if someone commits a crime it is reasonable for them to be charged with that crime regardless of their status as an asylum seeker. Surely France should issue an arrest warrant. There is no reason why their asylum claim cant be progressed from their jail cell. Once they've served their sentence if their claim is successful they can go on to the asylum granting country, or if unsuccessful, be sent back to their country of origin.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 935 Posts
    Blog Entries
    are we sure they stole it ?

I think a search if the owners finances shoukd be made to see if he's received any recent payments from dodgy debit cards issued on a Panamanian bank in the name of 'soros'
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    are we sure they stole it ?

I think a search if the owners finances shoukd be made to see if he's received any recent payments from dodgy debit cards issued on a Panamanian bank in the name of 'soros'

It was stolen, (The sea condtions were far too rough for the owner to put to sea.) but VERY unusually for a French fishing boat that still puts to sea it was built back in 1980, usually boats that old are put in the middle of roundabouts, in school play areas for children to play on, or have been scrapped.

Personally I doubt if it will be sea worth certificated after inspection in Britain

https://www.bateaux-fecamp.fr/lepervierbl-562367/
    Last edited by lankou; 18-11-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Info correction.