Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Knife debate: Street, McGovern, Blakeley, Halligan, Campbell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Mod Notice

despite the provocation can we please be a bit more respectful to each other.

Borchester winding up is not a recognised sport on here,sometimes it can be amusing......but not always.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Borchester View Post
    True enough, but just because it is terrible does not mean that I am not right.
    Come on your better than that . The murders of children and young men in our community needs resolving and will only be with the support of everyone .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Until it is accepted its a Black gang problem they wont solve it
    Since it is inevitably black victims and black perpetrators I rather thought it was generally accepted! Or is this another example of liberal snowflakes knowing the reality, but refusing through some misguided and perverse political correctness to openly acknowledge it, like the widespread predominantly Islamic Asian sexual grooming gangs.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Since it is inevitably black victims and black perpetrators I rather thought it was generally accepted! Or is this another example of liberal snowflakes knowing the reality, but refusing through some misguided and perverse political correctness to openly acknowledge it, like the widespread predominantly Islamic Asian sexual grooming gangs.
    Well its not accepted by some Major . At a meeting regarding the escalation of knife crime last Saturday in South London Harriot Harman had suggested that the violence was fuelled by rap music and social media where black gangs taunt and threaten others .
    Pro Corbyn activists from momentum (who want her out) however were quick to disagree saying knife crime was not a black problem but one caused by , wait for it , austerity ,zero hour contracts and cuts .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Well its not accepted by some Major . At a meeting regarding the escalation of knife crime last Saturday in South London Harriot Harman had suggested that the violence was fuelled by rap music and social media where black gangs taunt and threaten others .
    Pro Corbyn activists from momentum (who want her out) however were quick to disagree saying knife crime was not a black problem but one caused by , wait for it , austerity ,zero hour contracts and cuts .
    The more that Momentum make such moronic social comment the more that rational moderate voters will reject them and the Marxist Labour party they are creating. They are certainly determined to rid what was once a respected left of centre party of any vestiges of moderacy by democratic means or foul.

It is difficult to understand how the Conservative government of the day with its splits and divisions over Brexit and its seeming lack of success in the Brexit negotiations can be four percentage points ahead in the polls! Then we see an ineffectual far left opposition itself riven with division, its endemic anti-semitism still unresolved, led by proven supporters of IRA and Palestinian terrorism and its unprincipled stance on the EU changing from week to week as its Momentum spin doctors continually access where their votes might come from and it all becomes much clearer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Sinic For This Useful Post:

DeppityDawg (09-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 799 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Its a "Kings new clothes" moment. To admit the obvious, like the coincidence of stop and search being curtailed with a rise in murders of or by black people, or the preponderance of Asian grooming gangs and white victims, would be to admit that much of the de facto thought processes behind liberal policies on a huge range cultural and race issues are flawed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeppityDawg For This Useful Post:

Major Sinic (09-11-2018)

Thanks
    The black post code gangs are behind the escalation of street stabbings. To deny this is foolish. The violent culture that drives these acts is propagated by dysfunctional families and absent male role models. Having said that, they deserve no sympathy at all for their murderous actions.

Thanks
    It reminds not so long ago when the Metropolitan Police were massively criticised by the white liberal lobby, for the heavy emphasis on racial and cultural profilng of likely miscreants, under which a far higher proportion of black male youths were stopped and searched under what were known as the 'sus' laws.

The reality of course was and apparently still is, that the racial and cultural section of our inner city society most likely to carry weapons and knives and to use them were young black males. It therefore makes absolute sense to target what we know to be the highest offending group, but dare to voice such an opinion and one is likely to be branded a racist by some strident snowflake.

Thanks
    inner city society
    Mmmm now there is a thing,inner city society with inner city problems.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    I see the self-reinforcing, self-congratulatory attitudes emerging again in the above discussions and the deprecating language used, like "snowflake" being used to anyone who may have opposing views. I am particularly disappointed that you would use such terms Major!

I agree that "Stop and Search" is an effective deterrent to knife carrying; it was initially intended primarily for finding drugs when it was criticised for targetting primarily afro-caribbeans on the basis that they were statistically shown to be the most identifiable groups carrying drugs. The argument against this was that it was prejudicial and it certainly annoyed the majority of the ethnic group, who don't do drugs, who found they were being stopped and searched quite frequently. I would think that complaints would be much less for introduction of such measures now (regarding carrying knives) because a majority would appreciate the benefits.

A friend of mine was in the Met police (now retired) and I remember attending a barbecue at his house also attended by many of his colleagues (this was about 15 years ago). I think some of you would be fairly appalled to hear their talk and general banter about what they thought and how they acted in dealing with "blacks" (more deprecating words were often used). Now there is some excuse as they were operating in a world were they would tend to see more of the worst in people, but they were undoubtedly hugely prejudiced as a result and had no ability to see how this would viewed if their worlds were reversed. Having said this, I know that some contributers here would think this is just fine!

A couple of stories which they thought hilarious was of holding a bloke by his feet from a motorway bridge (at night) to get information and another where they pretended to some bloke they had in the back of a police vehicle that they were taking him somewhere remote by making it obvious they were not taking him to the local nick where they said they were going. Now this may be considered fair game by many (even if illegal) if these guys were bad people (I expect they probably were) but it builds up a pattern within the force of what they consider acceptable practices. And it also builds up a pattern amongst many ethnic minorities that the police are their enemies. Having played cricket in a team of largely West Indian background for many years, I have some sympathy. I should say all the guys I played cricket with were great blokes and very law abiding (Oh, and also very good at cricket!).