Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Blue Wave indeed..

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,194
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 305 Times in 246 Posts

    Blue Wave indeed..

    So the Blue Wave ended up being just a ripple. The Dems gained control of the House as expected but actually lost ground in the Senate, no sign of any great anti-Trump movement in the electorate. Now that Congress is gridlocked we march onto 2020 and wait to see who the candidate is who is going to stand against Trump - will O'rourke with all his money have a chance after losing in Texas or will Michael Moore get his wish and get Tom Hanks to run..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,889
    Thanks
    1,215
    Thanked 704 Times in 500 Posts
    They might have to scrape the barrel - Chelsea Clinton!
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,194
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 305 Times in 246 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that both Parties have had their fill of dynasties..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's the Catholics.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    James woods would crush tom hanks. James woods didn't make his fortune degrading and cheating the mentally handicapped. Forest gump made tom hanks a serious actor.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,623
    Thanks
    1,691
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Will the democrats have a heterosexual white man as their candidate ?

    Will they ever again???
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    1,424
    Thanked 726 Times in 617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Will the democrats have a heterosexual white man as their candidate ?

    Will they ever again???
    Do we care?

    Its understandable though why you would ask such a question regarding foreign politics , because trump , the republicans and democrats and the wider US politics seem to be on my tv screens more than what our lot are .
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    9,623
    Thanks
    1,691
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 1,085 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    Do we care?

    Its understandable though why you would ask such a question regarding foreign politics , because trump , the republicans and democrats and the wider US politics seem to be on my tv screens more than what our lot are .
    I'm not a yank so i have no say.

    I only care because the bar steward interferes more in how we are forced to run our country than Westminster can.

    and for some time now, the snowflake contingent have identified colour, gender and sexuality as being qualities to rate higher when determining political ability than honesty, morality and the like.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,950
    Thanks
    1,424
    Thanked 726 Times in 617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    I'm not a yank so i have no say.

    I only care because the bar steward interferes more in how we are forced to run our country than Westminster can.

    and for some time now, the snowflake contingent have identified colour, gender and sexuality as being qualities to rate higher when determining political ability than honesty, morality and the like.
    personally i couldnt care less if they elected the cast from sesame street or the muppets , im just wondering the relevance behind tv bosses in this island pushing american politics constantly on our screens non stop as though anyone gives a ****.

    I mean the rate things are going , we may as well close down westminster , turn it into a history museum and elect a few senators and be done with it.
    "Pour l’Angleterre … il n’y a pas d’alliance qui tienne, ni de traité qui vaille, ni la vérité qui compte." Charles De Gaulle

    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 145 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    personally i couldnt care less if they elected the cast from sesame street or the muppets , im just wondering the relevance behind tv bosses in this island pushing american politics constantly on our screens non stop as though anyone gives a ****.

    I mean the rate things are going , we may as well close down westminster , turn it into a history museum and elect a few senators and be done with it.
    If all four of our nations - England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland - each became the 51st, 52nd, 53rd, and 54th US states we'd bring 8 extra senators and over 100 extra representatives in the House. Our four nations together would make up about one sixth of the entire US population. England alone would be by far the most populous state, with more than one and a half times the population of California, the current most populous. Collectively we'd certainly drag US politics away from the Right and shift the nation in a less neo liberal direction. We'd also mostly weaken the power of the religious right by diluting it with secularism, the exception here perhaps being N Ireland.

    Don't get me wrong. I am not advocating this. It is the last thing I want to happen. I'd rather take a shite in my hands and clap.

    But it is a fascinating intellectual exercise to try and imagine the implications of such an imaginary scenario.

Similar Threads

  1. Blue Passports
    By Hyperduck Quack Quack in forum Brexit
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 31-12-2017, 06:34 PM
  2. Goodbye blue sky.
    By Durzo Blint in forum War, Conflicts & Terrorism Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 02:27 PM
  3. The next wave ,2014
    By Streetwalker in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 30-10-2012, 09:45 PM
  4. Blue Labour?
    By JacquesMagique in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 19-05-2011, 08:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •