Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Does Lord Snooty really want to be foreign secretary?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 909 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftylib View Post
    If he stood in some safe Tory seat of course he'd get in. In some of them, my hamster could get elected if you stuck a blue rosette on him, lol.

I still think his time is done. It is always a mistake for the politically deceased to try and return from the dead.

I think if he is bored and wants to resolve that by indulging in any passion for politics, political journalism is the place to go.

But I have another suggestion. Bored and wanting to talk politics? Join up here!

With the bona fide former PM Dave Cameron as a member, am certain other Tories would come flocking, and I know I could persuade many Labour members to sign up here then just to argue with him. This forum would rapidly make a massive name for itself and become the place to be for all those interested in politics.

Come on Dave. You know it makes sense, lol.

Well, I for one would welcome a return of Webcameron, but not the shambles it became after the party rejected David Davis as leader.

Yes, it was almost as long ago as the Beano, but Cameron as a humble back bencher was one of the early adopters of the internet, and his blog / forum was quite an interesting experiment. Provided you kept your language to something that would survive mainstream media publication, you could be as objectively nasty as you liked about the tories and him, and your remarks were allowed to stand. And on more than one occasion the details of some weighty topic i waded into were answered by a grunt on his payroll posting as him. Unless it really was him of course.

It couldn't last of course

As he got further up the food chain, more and more of those dissenting voices were kicked off, and it became a badge of honour for those who formed an anti-site called IIRC "webcameron rejects". evidence of banishment from one was not required to join the other (john of gwent was for some time registered on both)

However, the night before the tory conference where "Airbrushed Dave" showed the party valued appearance and flim flam over substance, Webcameron.org suddenly redirected to a sub-page on tory party hq's website, where althought e frame looked like the original, every single negative comment had been purged.

As you can imagine, for in those days the fools never understood the power of an RSS feed, webcameron rejects had a field day logging each and every censorship.

And then, the day after he was crowned their new God Emperor, the page returned 404 not found.

Mind you, any attempt to find "jeremy corbyn policies" on the labour party main site returned the same 404 not found error LONG after his election as leader (you had to go to momentum's JC 4 PM page to find them, and still do I think)
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 909 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftylib View Post
    They'd probably take him.
    yeah, but would he stoop to take orders from gideon ?
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"