Thread: Pakistan slides further down the toilet.

Thanks

Pakistan slides further down the toilet.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pakistan#img-1

Is this country is being taken over by fanatical lunatics? Their religious lunacy is infecting the region. The army have a big choice to make - take over or let the loons ruin what's left of the country.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 890 Posts
    This 47 year old Christian woman, Asia Bibi, or Aisiya Noreen as she was born, is no threat whatsoever to the Muslim faith in Pakistan.
    However, there is a chance that she will become one. because after 8-9 years of false imprisonment, having "admitted" to insulting the dead false prophet, whilst being beaten up by a mob, tends to expose the religion for what it is.
    She was picked on because she took water to a co-worker in a cup that a Christian had drank from. So the Muslims turned on her, even though there is nothing in their religion to prohibit this.
    This is one case where I support the relocation of a threatened person to the UK or other Western country for protection. Just don't send her to some estates in Bradford, and certainly not to Tower Hamlets.
    I'm so glad she is being released, Christians have been praying for her release for years. There has also been petitions to the UK government, EU and various diplomatic moves.
    She needs protection from the moment she walks out of the door, to getting on a plane.
    There is a fund to raise money for her and her Christian family to escape and remain alive.

Thanks
    I have always thought Pakistan was in the lower reaches of humanity . They have done nothing in recent years to change my mind ,on the contrary have enforced my view on it . They cant even play cricket without cheating .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,805 Times in 1,424 Posts
    What I never understand with religion is whoever it is you believe all powerful why would they be threatened by words,doesn't it translate in to weakness?

Actually I was watching some serious flooding somewhere in the world and the devastation and this bloke shouts Allah Akhbar which translates in to god is great,well if he's that great why is your villiage disappearing bit by bit down a swollen river?
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    What I never understand with religion is whoever it is you believe all powerful why would they be threatened by words,doesn't it translate in to weakness?

Actually I was watching some serious flooding somewhere in the world and the devastation and this bloke shouts Allah Akhbar which translates in to god is great,well if he's that great why is your villiage disappearing bit by bit down a swollen river?
    All religions have elaborate get-out clauses for such apparant contradictions: Gods are beyond human comprehension, they move in mysterious ways, their unpleasant actions are a punishment to mankind (or just non-intervention depending on the particular deity). Those who believe continue to believe, whatever happens or whatever evidence is presented, which is not rational - but then much of human behaviour isn't rational. A large percentage of Americans still believe the earth (and whatever they think is the universe) was created a few thousand years ago. Loony behaviour is not restricted to Islam and, given some daft and/or unpleasant cults that are around, not to Christianity either. Also, if there is some all powerful being(s) overseeing us all I find it also hard to believe he/they are so minded as to suggest non-belief in them would lead to dire, post-death, consequences. It seems a bit un-christian!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to grumzed For This Useful Post:

cromwell (05-11-2018)