View Poll Results: Would you allow the families of those who left the UK to fight for IS to return?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 14.29%
  • No

11 78.57%
  • Don't Know

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Well would you allow them back?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,574 Posts

Well would you allow them back?

Hard maybe on the kids,but not a chance.
    https://www.itv.com/news/2018-10-25/...o-return-home/
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

Thanks
    No chance.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    no way. Corbyn of course woukd be wanting to give the husbands of all those brides of Isis UK citizenship for services to the republican cause ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 776 Posts
    No let them rot in Syria . They made the choice to join the murdering cult and then cry about their kids being educated in the UK while no doubt expecting to be housed and fed by the UK taxpayer .

Thanks
    Oh dear this really sets up conflict in me. On the one hand good riddance, you made your bed now lie in it, how could we ever trust them. On the other it's probably a life of hardship etc that is more than tough on the kids.

Would the kids be considered UK nationals? Should we take them but leave the mothers? Would the mothers want what was est for the kids? That would be a test of their genuineness.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    Oh dear this really sets up conflict in me. On the one hand good riddance, you made your bed now lie in it, how could we ever trust them. On the other it's probably a life of hardship etc that is more than tough on the kids.

Would the kids be considered UK nationals? Should we take them but leave the mothers? Would the mothers want what was est for the kids? That would be a test of their genuineness.
    Im actually a big softy when it comes to the kids but in this case would make an exception and let them rot in the cesspool their mothers have created for them . I can see no future where they would be a benefit to the UK .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Im actually a big softy when it comes to the kids but in this case would make an exception and let them rot in the cesspool their mothers have created for them . I can see no future where they would be a benefit to the UK .
    I just don't see that that can be the only consideration. Surely leaving them there just compounds the wrong. The children are innocents in this.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just don't see that that can be the only consideration. Surely leaving them there just compounds the wrong. The children are innocents in this.
    not by now they're not. they will have been indoctrinated long ago.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    The children are innocents in this.
    That's what Trump said when his government separated children from their criminal mothers .

Im with Jog on this , they are probably well on the way to becoming the next generation of candidates for the watch list .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,201 Times in 882 Posts
    The children are innocents in this.
    Sure. Would that include Sally Jones son, the innocently named "Jo Jo"?

Ask yourself this, Toots. How many no longer have to lead a life, let alone one of hardship, as a result of what the people these women went to join believe? Would you want to be a woman in the place they are? Their testimony speaks for itself, but they went there of their own accord. Unless, of course, they really were the poor, helpless beings "tricked" into it. Which you don't really believe, and nor does anyone else. They can't be trusted to be here anymore.

I often get told off on here by the morally correct. But there are places where life is cheap. If you think you can simply bring these children back and resume where they left off, I think you're gravely mistaken.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeppityDawg For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (28-10-2018), Nick (31-10-2018)