Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ashers 'gay cake' row: Bakers win Supreme Court appeal

Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well actually I was agreeing with the cake shop,it wasn't them who brought the case was it? If it was then I stand by my post,it's just a cake,tbh they shouldv'e told them they were too busy to do it.

I mean a pub can refuse to serve you without giving a reason shops too iirc.
    The most worrying thing about all this is, if the article is correct, the Ashers have been forced to spend 200k defending themselves, while the "Equality Commission" have spent 250k of taxpayers money pursuing them.

And people say I over react about liberals.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    The most worrying thing about all this is, if the article is correct, the Ashers have been forced to spend 200k defending themselves, while the "Equality Commission" have spent 250k of taxpayers money pursuing them.

Like I said,waste of money.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post

Looks like this was a proxy war Gay Rights v The Christian Institute.

From the original link:

Ashers bakery has spent more 200,000 on the case. It is being paid by The Christian Institute, a charity and lobby group...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I happen to think the decision here was right, in a borderline sort of way. If it was a large company that refused to make the cake, it would be different.

If someone from UKIP came to me and asked me to make a Happy Brexit cake I'd be inclined to refuse. But then again, I might take the job on and add a generous dose of rapid action laxatives.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well actually I was agreeing with the cake shop,it wasn't them who brought the case was it? If it was then I stand by my post,it's just a cake,tbh they shouldv'e told them they were too busy to do it.

I mean a pub can refuse to serve you without giving a reason shops too iirc.
    unfortunately, those rights have been seriously eroded, to the point the scum who invaded a local beauty spot and promptly set about shitting all over it would have won a discrimination case had the pub at the end of said beauty spot denied them access.

To read more mealy mouthed attempts to pretend public and still have the right to refuse service they once had, Google "Wetherspoons travellers 44000" and start reading the various bits of lawyer BS.

As I have said for years, to restore this country to somethi g worth living in, we really are going to have to start culling lawyers, there really are problems with the current overpopulation ...
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Looks like this was a proxy war — Gay Rights v The Christian Institute.

From the original link:

Ashers bakery has spent more 200,000 on the case. It is being paid by The Christian Institute, a charity and lobby group...
    except that the one side were funded by those wishing to see a fight, while the other was funded by the robbery through taxation of many who agree with the decision to tell them to go elsewhere.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    This is without the explosion of publicity promoting trannies and other such foolishness. Yes if you have dangly bits, you're are a bloke.