Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Globalisation greed

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I don't need to feel better about myself -I would prefer to hear that we weren't instrumental in poisoning people wherever they live just to put cheap clothes on our backs that we value so little that they disappear into landfill after one wear or even none at all.
    I agree with you about the throw-away culture, but I think you are trying to turn the clock back to the 1950's and that is simply not going to happen.

Unless you move to New Zealand of course..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    But it seems it is the other way around.You are the one trying to work out how it works not me and you have received answers.
    I know how the model works - you are the one who seems to have this idea that is is related to 'fair prices' (whatever they are)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I know how the model works - you are the one who seems to have this idea that is is related to 'fair prices' (whatever they are)
    Yeah sure you do,well you have a better idea now you mean.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    I agree with you about the throw-away culture, but I think you are trying to turn the clock back to the 1950's and that is simply not going to happen.

Unless you move to New Zealand of course..
    You do make lots of assumptions. It's almost as if all the posts on this thread are avoiding the unpleasant truth that people are dying because of our greed. Everyone jumps up and down when there's a disaster like earthquakes etc but no-one seems concerned at the way we are allowing these people to be used. I can't quite believe that there is little or no concern, we stopped our kids from dying in factories how long ago?

What's the difference?
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    I don't need to feel better about myself -I would prefer to hear that we weren't instrumental in poisoning people wherever they live just to put cheap clothes on our backs that we value so little that they disappear into landfill after one wear or even none at all.
    Anyway it has certainly revved up the greedy and uniformed,I have enjoyed this thread.You are right of course consequence is something politicians seem to take no notice of.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    You do make lots of assumptions. It's almost as if all the posts on this thread are avoiding the unpleasant truth that people are dying because of our greed. Everyone jumps up and down when there's a disaster like earthquakes etc but no-one seems concerned at the way we are allowing these people to be used. I can't quite believe that there is little or no concern, we stopped our kids from dying in factories how long ago?

What's the difference?
    Well you haven't explained what your alternative is for these people. If you rule out growth through trade then what are you suggesting replaces it, aid perhaps?

Thanks
    Well you haven't explained what your alternative is for these people. If you rule out growth through trade then what are you suggesting replaces it, aid perhaps?
    If I knew all the answers I'd be in the Cabinet meeting in Downing St this evening. Can what is being done really be called growth? Surely we can't justify this.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    If I knew all the answers I'd be in the Cabinet meeting in Downing St this evening. Can what is being done really be called growth? Surely we can't justify this.
    But it is the recognized route for countries to emerge from a basically agricultural economy. You compete on your strengths (in this case low costs) and work up to a modern industrialised economy. Its a system that we know works.