Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: liberals with a little L

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Not sure why another persons sexuality should upset anyone else,
    Who is saying it is?

Maybe its their own sexuality thats frustrating them , and all this pent up anger and hatred towards this mythical liberal elite that is destroying life as we know it , is merely a symptom of the suppression of their own "feminine side".

but I am intrigued to know what the apparatus in the background might be. So far my imagination suggests either some dominatrix kit or a pussy trainer...
    jeez pat you fancy a bit?

im sure corporal diana would be happy to oblige , but i thought you and your beloved were happily married?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    That is an assemblage of cats play stations.

Cannae believe they are now allowed pets in the army , feckin liberals.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    What are you saying then,you some kind of fussy blighter.

Ssshhh sheep.

you`ve been with worse.
    sing to me the history of my country. It is sweet to the soul to hear it. Flann Mac Lonain ( c.850-918 a.d)
    Alba gu brath An rud is fhiach a ghabhail, 's fhiach e iarraidh

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeppityDawg View Post
    I'm sorry you think my argument is a Straw man. You're one of the few posters on here I actually have any respect for, so I assumed you would believe my answer was an honest one, even if you disagreed with it.

I'm sure many liberals are well meaning, but that does not make everything they want right because they believe it is, or that other peoples earnest and deeply held beliefs can be ignored or mocked in the way they often are. The final line in Cromwell's jokey posts says "its only getting worse", and it is.
    I don't disagree with this and there are people, on all sides of an argument, who go "too far". Liberal ideas certainly can be, as much as any, and then it becomes easier to criticise and dismiss the whole idea as a result. It is indeed like saying those with more conservative views are allied to the KKK! It is this I am objecting to. I think I am probably as against the daft PC views as much as you. BTW, it was the Mail article I was criticising as "Sraw Man" not your opinion which I think is often in alignment with my own, even if expressed with more vehemence

Thanks
    Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,469 Posts
    Well though my post was jokey DD had a point when you read about things like this,how long before statues of Churchill taken down or him airbrushed out of history or worse still cast as a complete villain?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ll-racist.html
    Sold down the river,well actually in this case the channel and substitute plantation owners for eu.
    Also unless I post as moderator please understand all other posts are as an ordinary member.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well though my post was jokey DD had a point when you read about things like this,how long before statues of Churchill taken down or him airbrushed out of history or worse still cast as a complete villain?

Well I don't reckon Genghis Khan was much of a neo liberal either,like all leaders who stood out,they were leaders of their time,which is probably why I am never much of one for thinking if you pull down statues it somehow changes history.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 816 Posts

I'd like to clap that post, but unfortunately, I'm only able to do a "jazz hands", according to the NUS at Manchester University.

Anyway, anyone calling himself Cromwell better be careful he doesn't get airbrushed too, as he was no angel either apparently.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeppityDawg For This Useful Post:

Bright Young Thing (11-10-2018), cromwell (10-10-2018)

Thanks
    I get where you're coming from Nick,I have no doubt there are people born in to the wrong body and they deserve to at least be left in peace,there does seem though to be some sort of fashion that this happens now rather than an accident of birth and I suspect some will make decisions now in their youth they come to regret in the years ahead.

As I say I have no doubt there are people with problems which manifest and bring down on them from the wider population behaviour that no one would cheerfully sign up for.

A good example is a bloke in our locale who dresses as a woman from time to time,he receives various levels of abuse from name calling to threats of violence though I don't understand their motives because the only one in a threatened situation is him,I just smile to myself when I see him for the simple reason that he looks like desparate dan in drag though I do feel sorry for him as he is no threat to anyone and we really need to be tolerant of such eccentricities.
    Yep, I was born in a poor man's body, but my brain thinks I should be rich. Come to think of it, I should have been taller, better looking, and born 30 years later. We can't always have what we want !!
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    I'd like to clap that post, but unfortunately, I'm only able to do a "jazz hands", according to the NUS at Manchester University.

Anyway, anyone calling himself Cromwell better be careful he doesn't get airbrushed too, as he was no angel either apparently.
    Indeed. What the feck is that all about!!
    True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity

Thanks
    Thanked 1,119 Times in 816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Young Thing View Post
    Indeed. What the feck is that all about!!
    Apparently, clapping can cause timid people to be scared, and is not "inclusive". I'm tempted to use my favourite two words, but you already stole one.

Thanks
    Apparently, clapping can cause timid people to be scared, and is not "inclusive". I'm tempted to use my favourite two words, but you already stole one.
    Fecking right I did! Absolute joke.

EDIT

Actually this makes me really angry. Surely clapping is a sign of appreciation from the audience, and the performers deserve it. Also, as a trained theatre lighting technician, I'd add that in any performance where there is stage lighting, the performers cannot see the audience - so doing a fecking wave, even if it's a Mexican one, is completely and utterly pointless.

Who bloody decides these things!
    True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Young Thing For This Useful Post:

Barry (12-10-2018)