Thread: Tackling misinformation in an open society

Thanks

Tackling misinformation in an open society

Tackling misinformationin an open society is a report by FullFact into false news and related matters.
    I am posting the link because some people here may wish to read it because it is such an important issue:-

https://fullfact.org/media/uploads/f...en_society.pdf

Thanks
    Yes, thanks. An interesting paper. It's not an easy issue to solve and is getting worse all the time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Tackling misinformationin an open society is a report by FullFact into false news and related matters.
    I am posting the link because some people here may wish to read it because it is such an important issue:-

I clicked on the link and got as far as there being 36 pages. Come on mate, how much time and interest do you think people will spend on this, or any subject come to think of it ?
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    I clicked on the link and got as far as there being 36 pages. Come on mate, how much time and interest do you think people will spend on this, or any subject come to think of it ?
    Given how much false news and outright lies we get from the government, the press and the media if you can't be bothered that is your problem, other people do care enough to read it all.

Thanks
    Given how much false news and outright lies we get from the government, the press and the media if you can't be bothered that is your problem, other people do care enough to read it all.
    But I bet the amount of myth and speculation peddled by weirdos, the duped, and paid plants on forums such as this far outweighs what comes from legit sources.
    Apologies, but I was unable to keep a straight face driving through Bicester recently as I recalled outright (expletive deleted) fabrications from a poster, who appears to enjoy disrupting forums with such blatant distortions and untruths (seriously)...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks

And who is checking fullfact.org? Do we just blindly believe it because it’s called full fact?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And who is checking fullfact.org? Do we just blindly believe it because it’s called full fact?
    To be fair, they are not bad. I expect they'll eventually go the same way as "hope not hate" and be taken over by left wing loonies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you look at any reports on the Full Fact website they supply references for every analysis.

Thanks
    A lot of wishful thinking in the full Fact recommendations and I would not support opening the electoral register for use by other groups to promote their pet views.