Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trendy Faith

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 858 Posts
    Yes we are all spirit, and in our human form, mind and body. Our spirit (or soul) will be the only thing that survives, then we will have a new body.
    The Bible says we are in God's image - or imagination - he designed us from that imagination. But it is possible that God is an old gent with grey hair and beard, but I don't think so.
    I don't have the answers, one day we will and then I think I shall realise how little I actually knew, and how much I thought I knew, but didn't!

By the way, my picture of the fires of hell, was meant for false teachers, wherever they are or whichever religion or cult they are in, who will be judged more severely than others. (James 3:1)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Yes we are all spirit, and in our human form, mind and body. Our spirit (or soul) will be the only thing that survives, then we will have a new body.
    The Bible says we are in God's image - or imagination - he designed us from that imagination. But it is possible that God is an old gent with grey hair and beard, but I don't think so.
    I don't have the answers, one day we will and then I think I shall realise how little I actually knew, and how much I thought I knew, but didn't!

By the way, my picture of the fires of hell, was meant for false teachers, wherever they are or whichever religion or cult they are in, who will be judged more severely than others. (James 3:1)
    I'm not convinced by the change from image to imagination. Although I do see that as He made the world it was therefore in His mind first. Since God is immortal it is unlikely that He could be termed 'old' in any sense that we understand it.
    Those teachers though were the ones who had their teaching from Jesus. It is true that we are all susceptible to Chinese whispers and Jesus and His disciples knew that those who knew the truth and were not able to stick to that truth but were liable to embellish it and did not keep their humility and all those Christ like traits would indeed be judged harshly. Sadly there are too many 'teachers' now who have very little truth or understanding and sometimes little faith as well, and lead too many away.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I have read over the last couple of days two suggestions within the Church of England. The one by the most senior female Bishop, that God should no longer be referred to as a man. The other by Archbishop Welby is that Church should be more fun. Both suggestions are geared to appeal to the young.

Now I am all for people being happy but I do worry that as I understand it, God is constant. God made the universe, He is our Father, it is He who will judge us when the time comes. Why would Church leaders imagine that they can dictate to Him? I was of the impression that God has laid out His expectations. I haven't read that He is gender fluid.

I read recently that Welby has doubted God's existence at times, although he has never doubted Jesus. I just can't decide where the CofE thinks it's going.
    There's a bit in the bible, can't remember where, but I definitely read it, where god is getting fed up with mankind, saying man makes all of these man-made rules in my name but never listens to me.

Oh well, treat the official church as a kind of pantomime. That's all it is now. It does not invalidate the religion, but they invalidate themselves. I knew these fake bishops would be trouble. They go against god and they will end up looking like freaks, much like the feminists that marched before them.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Humans invented God, so humans can re-invent God if they want, but that might make other humans very angry. I'm an atheist so I really don't care one way or the other.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    Humans invented God, so humans can re-invent God if they want, but that might make other humans very angry. I'm an atheist so I really don't care one way or the other.
    As I lead you, I will level mountains and break the iron bars on bronze gates of cities.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    I will go before you, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of bronze, and cut asunder the bars of iron:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    I will go before you, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of bronze, and cut asunder the bars of iron:
    Prophecies to the Nation of Israel. I'm proud of you Sheepy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    I have read over the last couple of days two suggestions within the Church of England. The one by the most senior female Bishop, that God should no longer be referred to as a man. The other by Archbishop Welby is that Church should be more fun. Both suggestions are geared to appeal to the young.

Now I am all for people being happy but I do worry that as I understand it, God is constant. God made the universe, He is our Father, it is He who will judge us when the time comes. Why would Church leaders imagine that they can dictate to Him? I was of the impression that God has laid out His expectations. I haven't read that He is gender fluid.

I read recently that Welby has doubted God's existence at times, although he has never doubted Jesus. I just can't decide where the CofE thinks it's going.
    There were Goddesses such as Nephthys and Isis in ancient Egypt some thousands of years before the Jewish and Zoroastrian monotheistic religions were devised. Maybe now mankind has become humankind, references to God should also be updated and become genderless...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    There were Goddesses such as Nephthys and Isis in ancient Egypt some thousands of years before the Jewish and Zoroastrian monotheistic religions were devised. Maybe now mankind has become humankind, references to God should also be updated and become genderless...
    The genderless bit is just to wind me up and wishful thinking and totally wrong mooted by those who feel that they can dictate the terms of this existence, but the rest? Well as far as I can see science still has some catching up to do!
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Well trendy faith is a funny thing,how many translated versions of the bible are there?