Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good eggs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftylib View Post
    This whole story sounds suspiciously like made up Daily Mail or Sun style bullshit to me.

It sounds like complete bullshit.

But it is of course instantly taken at face value and believed by those whose mindsets lead them to want to believe it.

As this thread amply demonstrates.

Which is how the pedalling of such shite is so easily gotten away with.
    Well it would be,but only if you had a bike.
    To paraphase one of our last great political leaders Winston Spencer Churchill "Never in the field of British politics and Brexit was so much expected by so many of so few......only to be bitterly disappointed"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 698 Posts
    This whole story sounds suspiciously like made up Daily Mail or Sun style bullshit to me.

It sounds like complete bullshit.

But it is of course instantly taken at face value and believed by those whose mindsets lead them to want to believe it.

As this thread amply demonstrates.

Which is how the pedalling of such shite is so easily gotten away with.
    You seem to be having a very angry holiday Lefty?

I think that this thread amply demonstrates the exact opposite of your assertion. One way the English character deals with exaggerated claims and distortions is to dismiss it with humour, which is exactly what was happening on this thread until you came along.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    You seem to be having a very angry holiday Lefty?

I think that this thread amply demonstrates the exact opposite of your assertion. One way the English character deals with exaggerated claims and distortions is to dismiss it with humour, which is exactly what was happening on this thread until you came along.
    Nah having a great holiday. And apologies if your responses were humorous and not serious. It looked like a load of right wingers taking the truth of it at face value and emoting against it to me. The humour was lost on me. Perhaps that is my failing?

And when it comes to political debate, however happy and calm I feel, I only really have the same style of response - enthusiastic endorsement when I agree and attack mode when I don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 698 Posts
    Nah having a great holiday. And apologies if your responses were humorous and not serious. It looked like a load of right wingers taking the truth of it at face value and emoting against it to me. The humour was lost on me. Perhaps that is my failing?

And when it comes to political debate, however happy and calm I feel, I only really have the same style of response - enthusiastic endorsement when I agree and attack mode when I don't.
    If you are having a great holiday why not let it show with just a little goodwill?

Sadly you have allied yourself with an extremist left group within the Labour Party, and like all of Corbyn and McDonnells little elves humour passes you by, and your default response to the majority who disagree with your far left views is attack mode.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grumzed View Post
    I thought this has to be made up news (i.e. fake news). It seems made up about the racist association of good/bad egg. I have not found any reliable reference to this interpretation. The phrase goes back to the 18th century which I suspect predates the more recent cockney rhyming slang. I suspect some people rather like the idea of the use of insulting and/or categorising language aimed at minorities.
    I think you may be an example of the type of person the OP is referring. Now, stop worrying about other people getting offended, it's their problem, not yours !
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is all too much of a hot potato. I'm out!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late
    Yeah, Normans out! Time to end 952 years of Norman occupation!
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Good egg........good god there are so many descriptives with eggs (some that need no explanation)

Bad egg

Egg on your face

Egg on their hats (high ranking officers)

Egg heads

Are these out too and will you still be able to say you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs?Is this an eggsistential threat to our freedom of speech?
    Eggcetera — and so on and so forth...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...