Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The finances of Somerset County Council

Thanks

The finances of Somerset County Council

I'll keep it simple.

This morning I received their latest propaganda paper. So it is all written out nice and simply.

It states Somerset County Council is short of cash because of government cuts.

It tells us 2/3 of expenditure goes on care for vulnerable children and elderly.

A few pages into the propaganda it features an article on the day in the life of a school nurse. It's roughly a 9-5. First movements 8.30 - last appointment starts 4pm.

Now of course we pay nurses to nurse.

She records in this paper that she practised one hour of nursing in her day. She tells us that she loves driving through the Somerset countryside because it is so beautiful as she is on her way to a meeting. Other activities involve paperwork and talking to work associates.

I just wondered if anyone has any ideas how we can help Somerset County Council tackle their cuts problem.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post

I just wondered if anyone has any ideas how we can help Somerset County Council tackle their cuts problem.
    Stop the propaganda news bulletins delivered to every house. Cornwall council gave them up after a lot of complaints.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    Stop the propaganda news bulletins delivered to every house. Cornwall council gave them up after a lot of complaints.
    It's a bit of a double-edged sword that move. Yes it could stop publication waste and them brainwashing people, but I find this month's edition a bit of a revelation. Their staff are running at 12.5% efficiency. Not knowing this and not being informed, it could drop to perhaps 6% or even less!

Another useful figure was found in an earlier edition regarding costs per child in care. It's just unbelievably expensive.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks

Another useful figure was found in an earlier edition regarding costs per child in care. It's just unbelievably expensive.
    But that sort of information is easily available anyway on every councils website.

Thanks
    But that sort of information is easily available anyway on every councils website.
    Yes, if you have half an hour to spend and are feeing lucky. You know it is a government website when it is quicker to find the part of the site you are looking for using Google than their site menu.

Anyway, they are a bunch of communists. You know what the rest of her day is in aid of? She's a state spy. Her last appointment was to help steal a child from a family. Her role was in report-writing and such like.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Yes, if you have half an hour to spend and are feeing lucky. You know it is a government website when it is quicker to find the part of the site you are looking for using Google than their site menu.

Anyway, they are a bunch of communists. You know what the rest of her day is in aid of? She's a state spy. Her last appointment was to help steal a child from a family. Her role was in report-writing and such like.
    !/2 an hour. It took seconds to find out that £4000 a week to keep a child in local authority care is not unusual.

Thanks
    !/2 an hour. It took seconds to find out that £4000 a week to keep a child in local authority care is not unusual.
    Now give me the figure for the average percentage of the working time of a school nurse is actual nursing, e.g. activities like rolling bandages around a nasty cut where the child has fallen over etc. Clinical practice is what I think they call it.

You see from my example it is 12.5%.

When the figure states overall nursing costs are £XX million then if my example is typical it should be £XX million/8.

They only publish the figures they have already fiddled. This is cross-checking them.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Now give me the figure for the average percentage of the working time of a school nurse .
    School nurse? Are you sure they even still exist?

Thanks
    School nurse? Are you sure they even still exist?
    Yes, in lunchtimes.

You see this propaganda paper does have its uses. The bints who write it are so clueless that they often give the game away without realising.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Yes, in lunchtimes.

You see this propaganda paper does have its uses. The bints who write it are so clueless that they often give the game away without realising.
    Lunchtimes? Are you absolutely sure you are refering to school nurses?
    Suggested reading:-
    https://www.theschoolrun.com/what-is-a-school-nurse