Thread: Thoughts on Interview with Skripal Poisoning Suspects

Thanks

Thoughts on Interview with Skripal Poisoning Suspects

I want to say firstly that I was very suspicious of the Skripal case and feel sure the government were lying, but even so, having watched this interview, feel sure these guys are lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8OQNyI2i0

I don't believe their stories. There are so many indications that suggest they are very suspicious.

Repeated fixed movements such as rocking back and forth in chairs in a robotic manner, repeatedly chopping/laying hands on the table, slowly and with very deliberate control. Supressing natural emotions by intense concentration, very stiff, tense movement, staring at the interviewer, especially the larger man (this is because when you are lying, your instinct is to gauge the reaction of the person you are lying to, whereas when you are being honest, you frequently look away to engage parts of memory), never smiling, and the smaller man's seriousness appears exaggerated.

And then there's the coincidence that they are very fit and especially muscular in the case of the larger man, which is what you'd expect of people in such dangerous, risky jobs as hit-men.

They also sweat a lot, but how strange the interviewer makes an point of turning down the heating mid-interview. Why was is so hot in the first place? Was it made intentionally hot to provide an cover for them sweating?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Thanked 2,263 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Ooh it was so cold we cut our visit short,bit like two saharans put off by our recent heatwave.

Still don't expect much in the way of admitting they were wrong by the kremlin apologists and British govt haters,no we will be presented by the usual garbage that porton down was involved in some way,the Russians are so good at what they do it couldn't be them.....even ordinary Russians are questioning this rubbish of a cover story,but oh dear me no it's all a fairy story thought up by the British.
    The new parliamentary democracy,it's not the will of the people that counts but the will of 650......will come back to haunt them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Ooh it was so cold we cut our visit short,bit like two saharans put off by our recent heatwave.

Still don't expect much in the way of admitting they were wrong by the kremlin apologists and British govt haters,no we will be presented by the usual garbage that porton down was involved in some way,the Russians are so good at what they do it couldn't be them.....even ordinary Russians are questioning this rubbish of a cover story,but oh dear me no it's all a fairy story thought up by the British.
    Now now. It's possible to see two sides of an argument. I still believe BoZo lied, and that Porton Down were hiding stuff. But sure, Putin has his secrets. Not that Putin was behind it! As long as people stop acting like sheep with tunnel vision, I'm happy.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Never say we don't bring you more entertainment than those rubbish soap actors,we have spies,government officials,state actors,the media,worldwide governments and their officials.secret government programs,you get it all.As well as a few red herrings.
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    As the lady who interviewed them stated, she leaves it up to viewers to form their own opinion.

Thanks
    Were they in matching jumpers?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    Were they in matching jumpers?
    If you watch the video in the threadopener no, they aren't.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 746 Posts
    Any slight lingering doubts I had that the Salisbury Novochock attack was not authorised at a senior level within the Russian Establishment and implemented by Russian agents, have been entirely nullified by this ridiculous and amateurish staged interview on Russia today.

The architects of this unintentional dissolution of what little credibility Russia retained in its incredulous denials of being the prime mover in this attempted murder on UK soil should be sent to a Siberian Gulag for gross incompetence along with the two wooden tops who were the objects of this ridiculous charade

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    Never say we don't bring you more entertainment than those rubbish soap actors,we have spies,government officials,state actors,the media,worldwide governments and their officials.secret government programs,you get it all.As well as a few red herrings.
    Except the herrings are no longer Red. Reds are dead — well, those Red bigwigs that actually existed are. The embezzlers, extortionists, gangsters and racketeers who’d been siphoning off most of the USSR’s wealth for decades got bolder as state control appeared to relax and collapse. What there is now is a rogue state that uses the trappings of a previous totalitarian regime, softened by the return of the national church. Russia is now run like a supra-mafia family with the centre collecting protection and dues from the surviving robber baron bosses who carved up the old empire...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy — DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Sinic View Post
    Any slight lingering doubts I had that the Salisbury Novochock attack was not authorised at a senior level within the Russian Establishment and implemented by Russian agents, have been entirely nullified by this ridiculous and amateurish staged interview on Russia today.

The architects of this unintentional dissolution of what little credibility Russia retained in its incredulous denials of being the prime mover in this attempted murder on UK soil should be sent to a Siberian Gulag for gross incompetence along with the two wooden tops who were the objects of this ridiculous charade
    But there we have the most curious aspect. Is this really the best that a top class intelligence agency could manage and the best performance possible from two top overseas field operatives?? (I assume top as it beggars belief that such an operation, as to which they are accused, would be undertaken by anything remotely junior!)

The Russians were under no pressure to put anyone in front of the camera and so the decision to do so was the decision of the Russian authorities and done at a time and under the conditions of their choosing. Add to that, the Russians should have had no difficulty in creating rock solid legends for both operatives that would be impossible for any other actor to crack.

There is one solid takeaway from this. We have accused these two of traveling on fake passports and being officers of the GRU. This is the accusation that has now been challenged. HMG now need to offer solid proof that these guys are not who or what they say they are.

Increasingly though, I would say that it seems highly likely that there is nothing binary about the whole story. I also start to suspect that provocations in Syria have a lot more to do with this than anyone on any side has so far talked about.