Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Governments Crackdown on Alcohol

Thanks
    I'll be honest - I very rarely drink, probably only a couple of times a month or for a special occasion, and have had periods in my life where I have abstained completely, which I don't find difficult at all.

While I can still enjoy a sober night out (and sometimes the benefit of driving home easily outviews the need for alcohol) I am definitely more of a party girl after a few sherbets - not that I'm in any way saying I'm boring without it, and if anyone infers that then my finger WILL hover over the ban button (and yes that includes you Cromwell!!)

I remember reading stuff a while back which said that if you need to drink EVERY night, and literally cannot give it up for even one day, that makes you an acoholic. Recent info may have changed though.
    True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Young Thing View Post
    I'll be honest - I very rarely drink, probably only a couple of times a month or for a special occasion, and have had periods in my life where I have abstained completely, which I don't find difficult at all.

While I can still enjoy a sober night out (and sometimes the benefit of driving home easily outviews the need for alcohol) I am definitely more of a party girl after a few sherbets - not that I'm in any way saying I'm boring without it, and if anyone infers that then my finger WILL hover over the ban button (and yes that includes you Cromwell!!)

I remember reading stuff a while back which said that if you need to drink EVERY night, and literally cannot give it up for even one day, that makes you an acoholic. Recent info may have changed though.
    People who drink rarely are quite different to those who refuse to drink. It's the latter who tend to be boring. It's good that drinking doesn't bother you, because that will give you the chance to chauffeur your partner home if he wants to have a few.
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late