Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scientific Revisionism

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Without wanting to appear sexist, very few women have the mental capacity to invent things. .
    I have to ask have you got a girlfriend/wife?

Thanks
    Without wanting to appear sexist, very few women have the mental capacity to invent things. That doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose, but I feel their talents lay elsewhere.
    There is no way not to look sexist with that comment. You obviously have limited experience of women!
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx

Thanks
    Without wanting to appear sexist, very few women have the mental capacity to invent things. That doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose, but I feel their talents lay elsewhere.
    I dunno — the headache has had a ready take up over the years...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    There is no way not to look sexist with that comment. You obviously have limited experience of women!
    I've had mine on the phone. Here mother is terribly ill and it has taken me about an hour to state the obvious. I've virtually had my head bitten off regarding a suggestion that she should ask to be referred to a dietician, regarding her health post operation. It seems logical to me and yet it, as per usual I expect my advice to be ignored because her sister is running things. She's just as crazy, despite being a GP herself. That's a scary thought.

It's having greater experience of women that leads the rational man even more firmly supporting Mr Know it's observations.

It might be politically incorrect, but my thesis is politics itself is inherently flawed.It's a funny thing though, but I was listening to Bertrand Russell the other day in a broadcast in about 1960. He was born at the end of the 19th century and said in his upbringing the gentlemen would simply lie to any woman. She asks is everything alright and you just said yes dear. You never discussed business with them.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 876 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh dear.

Your problem now is the woman I worked with on a certain helicopter gunship at Smiths Industries Cheltenham. I knew her from years back, an astrophysicist. I had the delight of telling an ass hole in an army uniform with more braid that Mugabe's that the reason i had this 'woman' working for me designing a better way to direct the chaingun was that she had come to my attention while inventing ways to locate, then maintain a directional lock on, the planet earth as seen from an interplanetary robotic space ship.

Now, given this ass hole had no idea of the somewhat parabolic nature of the antenna, i suppose it was only natural he should go pale when i very loudly said "she invented a way to aim and fire at a ball eight thousand miles across from several hundred million miles distance; I think that's roughly on a par with using the gunship's main gun to shoot your balls off from a mile and a half away while leaving your arse cheeks intact so you cah sh1t yourself at the sight, shall we give you a demonstration ...."

I never got invited back to the Farnborough Air Show again after that, but it wasn't the fun it was made out to be on TV anyway
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

T00ts (22-09-2018)

Thanks
    Two of the best engineers I ever had working for me were women. They were creatively inventive and thorough in testing out and checking their designs; and prepared excellent documentation too. And this is in a field which is hugely dominated by men - about 85% of the design engineers were men reflecting the balance of those undertaking suitable University courses (usually Physics or Electronic Engineering).

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grumzed For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (22-09-2018), T00ts (22-09-2018)