Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boris for PM

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 788 Posts

Boris for PM

I saw a Tweet today which said that if Boris can hold his nerve for 48 hours he'll probably be PM in 18 weeks.
    PM May agreed that he should apologise over the way he spoke about women dressing up as letter boxes, but the thinking behind what she said has to be questionable. I believe she was cynically trying to damage him, knowing that he is a serious threat to her leadership.
    The conference is coming up, she did well to survive the last one. Will she survive this one?
    I doubt it. The Chequers fiasco put paid to that.
    She treated her cabinet as though they were schoolboys and she was an oppressive teacher. It backfired in such a short time she has made herself look weak and inept.

It now needs a pro-Brexit PM to sort this mess out, and Boris could well be the man.
    Boris has the support of Imams, and moderate women Muslims over what he said. This is for the obvious reason that women wearing full covering are oppressed and exhibiting a form of extremism which no-one in their right mind wants.
    This will blow over.

As I said in a previous thread, I would like to see Boris as PM, although I know his premiership would very likely end with a crash and burn. In the meantime, he could see us through Brexit and really frighten the EU, as word has it that they are getting extremely nervous!

Any other serious contenders? I don't think so.

Thanks
    If he gets thrown out of the party will he be eligible to stand for leader?
    There's so many twists and turns possible before this story plays out it's difficult to choose which 200-to-1 scenario to put money on...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Well his popularity soared within the grassroot members when he came out for leave ,nosedived when he fell into line behind Mayhem as Foreign secretary and bounced upward again when he resigned over chequers . It has taken another step upward since his no nonsense burqa comments .
    Make of that what you will but he does now seem the only contender for the leadership of the Tories . Well some of the Tories anyway ,I can see no future for the party while it is so deeply divided over a basic issue like EU membership . I know that has always been the case but now we have voted leave the party should be following that line ,according to its members of course .

Thanks
    I don't want a leader like Boris.
    I enjoy his outbursts, but the world leaders would not follow or understand such an irrational character.
    But I would approve of his being in the background, as he pulls up anyone who assumes they have the guiding light, but do not!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Major Sinic (09-08-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Well his popularity soared within the grassroot members when he came out for leave ,nosedived when he fell into line behind Mayhem as Foreign secretary and bounced upward again when he resigned over chequers . It has taken another step upward since his no nonsense burqa comments .
    Make of that what you will but he does now seem the only contender for the leadership of the Tories . Well some of the Tories anyway ,I can see no future for the party while it is so deeply divided over a basic issue like EU membership . I know that has always been the case but now we have voted leave the party should be following that line ,according to its members of course .
    It is only its tenuous majority thanks to the DUP that make it seem so divided. There are only a dozen or so Remain rebels, the remaining 300+ Tory MP's are supporting their manifesto promise to exit the EU. Whether they personally believe in Leave or Remain is almost beside the point, they are supporting the democratic majority.

Thanks
    Some members are saying they would quit the party if Boris became PM.
    Dominic Greave and Anna Soubry, apparently, so that would be a bonus.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    If he gets thrown out of the party will he be eligible to stand for leader?
    There's so many twists and turns possible before this story plays out it's difficult to choose which 200-to-1 scenario to put money on...

Theres no chance of him getting thrown out - he has overwhelming support from the rank and file membership of the Party.

I wouldnt put money on the Party Chairman keeping his job for long though after his handling of this.

Thanks
    Yep, the guy is a genius and the majority of his own party are to thick to see it. Trump got elected because the public wanted a straight talking person who reflected their beliefs. Boris is the man to lead this country, and not a bunch of politically correct faceless idiots who don't connect with the man in the street
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's to late

Thanks
    My preference would be for Mr Rees Moog, who I think would excel in the office.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampan View Post
    My preference would be for Mr Rees Moog, who I think would excel in the office.
    Yes, he's definitely a contender, but he says he doesn't want the job and he's a bit too religious and illiberal for many in the party. He is far more careful with his words than Boris.
    I wonder if JRM will stand when T.May steps down, despite his protests that he has no ambition to be PM.