Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: an outbreak of islamophilia

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    I haven't bothered to research this, but feel I probably don't have to.
    So do you purely go by feelings?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    You can't have a phobia about a real fear. A phobia is an irrational one.
    Gotta be careful. I always thought a phobia was a fear of something. But dictionary definitions currently seem to include 'aversion' of something, and it can be rational.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    Straight from the dictionary

• [COLOR=#878787 !important]"she suffered from a phobia about birds"[/COLOR]
      synonyms: abnormal fear, irrational fear, obsessive fear,
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...english/phobia

"an extreme fear or dislike of a particular thing or situation, especially one that cannot be reasonably explained."

Especially, but not necessarily.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/phobia

"An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something."

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    I walk round the town were I was born 65 years ago and I think what has happened its totally over run by imigrants I travel there on the bus were most times im the only English person on board u see the palatial temples and mosques in run down areas the market were we went as kids and were I took my kids resembles beuruit the walking centre resembles Syria majority wearing burkas and veils these garments are offensive and should not be aloud in public and yes im frightend to visit town I loved as a child im against no one coming to the country and doing well but remember its our home and don't try to turn it into theirs the Germans took it down in the 40s and now were invaded by all nations

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Hello covbill and welcome to the forum.
    I with Bright Young Thing are the moderators here,have a look around take a peek at the forum rules and if you want to you can tell us a bit about yourself in the introduce yourself thread.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 883 Posts
    I've seen some application forms for jobs from Muslim people and in general they are quite good at English and spelling.

Thanks
    Here in Lombardy we are doing everything we can to prevent the spreading of Islam. We recently approved extremely tough construction laws, specifically written and aimed to prevent the rise of new mosques. We also banned burqas from public buildings (hospitals, city halls, public offices in general, etc). The regional junta is also cutting funding to those municipalities that support the construction of islamic places of worship. In my town we gathered enough signatures to make the Mayor change his mind, but it was too late - we voted the Northern League into office, and the project simply died out (thankfully).
    «The Muslims refuse our culture and try to impose their culture on us. I reject them, and this is not only my duty toward my culture - it is toward my values, my principles, my civilization.» - Oriana Fallaci