Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Building On Greenbelt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Well surely Pat you remember know it's wonderful idea of carousel (Logan's run)
    Well I was never a very good sheep.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There's no chance whatsoever of that happening, Baron.
    We might get rid of a handful of people who have committed crimes since they moved here, but in general nobody is going to get kicked out.
    The chance is getting greater. I hear those dodgy Pakistani will be sent back. It's the way these programmes start. First it will be the murderers, then the rapists, then the very violent and so on, until we are down to manageable numbers.

The people rule this country, and they are not that stupid. While the British remain the majority they will use their voting power, possibly to UKIP again. Notice bit by bit we are getting out country back to how it was. Getting shot of the EU was a very positive move indeed. Now we can legally do it.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    The chance is getting greater. I hear those dodgy Pakistani will be sent back. It's the way these programmes start. First it will be the murderers, then the rapists, then the very violent and so on, until we are down to manageable numbers.

The people rule this country, and they are not that stupid. While the British remain the majority they will use their voting power, possibly to UKIP again. Notice bit by bit we are getting out country back to how it was. Getting shot of the EU was a very positive move indeed. Now we can legally do it.
    I love your optimism, but as long as we have a "liberal" government who think tolerance is a strength, your wishes won't come true. As much as I would like to see UKIP rise again, I can't see it happening. I believe a right wing common sense party is needed for the survival of our culture, but unfortunately the only two political parties in this country that are likely to get into power bow down to the over sensitive liberal snowflakes who shout the loudest. Unfortunately the silent majority are far to silent, and on the odd occasion they make themselves heard they are accused of being fascists and racists. I don't agree with you that the people rule this country, although I would love to. The government run the country, and are guided by minority groups and politically correct liberals who claim to represent the beliefs of the majority. The burka is a great example of this. If put to a vote we all know the majority of the country would have it banned, however it won't happen because our government is more worried about upsetting Muslims and snowflakes than they are the man in the street. As long as this attitude continues nothing will change apart from the culture we long to maintain. It's great we are getting out of Europe, and it's great the government are attempting to control immigration, but I feel it is to little to late.
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    You all said we have a housing crisis,I am sure Mrs Blue Rinse of Tunbridge Wells is not very pleased with having Wayne and Waynetta moving in next door,but then no more housing crisis.We cannot have the infrastructure falling apart and a housing crisis because of political mayhem caused by hopeless case politicians.Just not cricket.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    You all said we have a housing crisis,I am sure Mrs Blue Rinse of Tunbridge Wells is not very pleased with having Wayne and Waynetta moving in next door,but then no more housing crisis.We cannot have the infrastructure falling apart and a housing crisis because of political mayhem caused by hopeless case politicians.Just not cricket.
    My point is that we DON'T have a housing crisis, we have to many people who want homes but don't have the money to pay to live in them. I have said several times, the government are expected to build houses at the tax payers expense, and then supply them to people who can only pay through the benefits being supplied by the tax payer. Apart from the environmental damage building these homes does, the infrastructure can't cope. Building more houses is absolutely crazy. The vast majority of people who can't afford to rent or buy one of the many homes in the country are people who refuse to work. Companies all over the country are moaning they can't find labour because the East Europeans are not flocking over here any more. Simple, make those without jobs work for these companies, and all will be sorted
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Know it View Post
    My point is that we DON'T have a housing crisis, we have to many people who want homes but don't have the money to pay to live in them. I have said several times, the government are expected to build houses at the tax payers expense, and then supply them to people who can only pay through the benefits being supplied by the tax payer. Apart from the environmental damage building these homes does, the infrastructure can't cope. Building more houses is absolutely crazy. The vast majority of people who can't afford to rent or buy one of the many homes in the country are people who refuse to work. Companies all over the country are moaning they can't find labour because the East Europeans are not flocking over here any more. Simple, make those without jobs work for these companies, and all will be sorted
    Yes all very simple you'd think but it's not as clear cut as that is it?

So you force those people to move all over the country in to house we haven't got and live where?
    Whilst I support Brexit and Johnsons right to free speech plus taking it in to the context of how he phrased it around not being like Denmark this is bringing some very unpleasant ideas out in to the open from some quarters.

Snowflakes and liberals?,yes mistakes have been made in immigration and integration and ensuring people have a sense of being British has been poorly implemented,however I would not like to see a swing to the opposite end of the spectrum that has very unpleasant goals.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (13-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Mod Notice
    number of posts gone off topic so moved to new people on benefits thread
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Here's a thought. Up to now the policy has been to build on "brownfield sites". When you think of that you imagine some nasty 19th century decaying industrial wasteland being built on top of with nice new looking houses. Well no, it meant for each house in your road you now have 4-6 flats. One example is in the road i was brought up in, where each flat is being sold for 870K, which is very nearly what you would have paid for a whole house with an acre of garden. Now you have tarmac, but just as expensive.

Looking at the other end of the market and things are no less happy. Going back to the 70s in London and Manchester, you could find tons of rundown properties which were cheap to rent. They would be good if you were a student, an apprentice or say someone looking for cheap overheads to get their business off the ground. Now though, all these "brownfield site" have been bulldozed over and replaced by very expensive and very small new properties. You can see the effect in London. Property prices are so high in the commercial sector that whole sectors of the consumer market have been chopped out, e.g. all the nightclubs have closed and turned into dingy flats. Indeed it seems that in cities the only type of commercial business able to trade in the high street is a food takeaway, cafe or restaurant. You tend to think the new flats have such small kitchens that they have to pay the ransom in order to eat!
    Toiler on the sea