Thread: I was going to make a [whatever favorite topical group] terrorist joke

Thanks

I was going to make a [whatever favorite topical group] terrorist joke

The problem is, they always blow up in my face

Sorry, a terrible joke. However, a serious question. Who else feels that the media, or some unseen force, internal to ourselves, or externally manipulating us, always needs to have a nicely defined 'bad guy'.

In the 80s, we had the IRA, then we had religious based ones. Something, to me, is very wrong with this all.

For reference, I don't see a religion, a nationality as a defining characteristic. People are people, but my question is, does anyone else feel lie we being set against each other, and if so, dies anyone wonder why?

Again, I apologise for using a bad joke to get views, but one quiet little voice just trying to make a difference, trying to get people talking...

Thanks
    The man has always incited conflict between men , its what keeps him as the man

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BfB View Post
    The problem is, they always blow up in my face

Sorry, a terrible joke. However, a serious question. Who else feels that the media, or some unseen force, internal to ourselves, or externally manipulating us, always needs to have a nicely defined 'bad guy'.

In the 80s, we had the IRA, then we had religious based ones. Something, to me, is very wrong with this all.

For reference, I don't see a religion, a nationality as a defining characteristic. People are people, but my question is, does anyone else feel lie we being set against each other, and if so, dies anyone wonder why?

Again, I apologise for using a bad joke to get views, but one quiet little voice just trying to make a difference, trying to get people talking...
    Well it's not as if it's something new is it? This is what makes me laugh about all this fake news cobblers and influencing of votes and opinion it has gone on for a long time.

Disinformation which Westminster seems to have got its knickers in a twist about and the calls for regulation of various parts of the Internet are because people have long seen through their three card trick and are not doing as they are told so panic has set in.

We can't have the plebs thinking for themselves can we? Oh dear me no that's dangerous......we'll Pandora's box is open and they can't shut it again.
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

Thanks
    But people are waking up. I have long felt something wrong, however, I will confess I said or did nothing. Too many times, people who speak out are branded as crazy, conspiracy theorists, and ridiculed. It is time to speak. From our fake banking system to fake news, I am sick of it.

The government needs to remember they work for the people. The truth is out, let the people make up their own minds when given the facts. The whole thing, I believe is run nit by our elected leaders, but by a small number of people.I do believe in an elitist group who manipulate events. It would take a few from the following

The media: People all too often don't question the news. However,if every person stopped and asked what is going on. What ever happened to the last sensation grabbing headline. First, it was religious groups, then we were all going to die from flu or Ebola, then it was north Korea, now it seems to be the climate change (formerly known as global warming, however conveniently renamed in case the planet does actually cool). Just a few people here, all it takes, to pull the wool over the eyes of a confused, tired, non questioning population
    Banking: We all need them, so much so, we had to 'bail' them out. We had to forgive their ways because they are too big, they are the engine and life of society. When did a bank stop being a fancy storage facility? Storage for money and assets. Or did I forget, it was when they took the money creation power. Talk about tipping the game in your favour, these guys have done a great job of that. So much so, they appear to have the government over a barrel. I say enough, you don't let the people just make up money from nowhere, so stop the banks doing it. Every penny of loaned money that was a bank credit, that they cannot show the accounting entry of it leaving one person for the other, scrap it. Be open, tell the people how you really used the asset they created (the signature on the application form) to provide the loan, perhaps apologise for the deception, then pack up. Hand money printing power back to the elected representatives of the people. Grow it only as needed (example, population growth) and use this initially to fund large, infrastructure projects which will improve the country.
    Pharmaceuticals: This, and the medical industry, is regulated by government. Certain tablets you can buy, others you need a doctor to tell you to take. The weak link here, the drug companies seem to influence the doctors. Also all these miracle cures, they seem to come and disappear without a second glance. With the benefits of the financial friends, and those in the media, how easy it must be to brush away. Ever notice how tablets only seem to cure the symptom, never the cause? Almost as if they want to keep you just alive, but sick. After all, why cut off a revenue stream... If they cured you, maybe you won't need the tablets any more.
    Food and farming: Everyone needs to eat,and we have told people through our fake media, don't grow your own food any more, buy it from the supermarket. They then consolidate the produce buying power and control the farming and providers. Because we no longer have large enough gardens, just big enough to look pretty on a house pamphlet, we need them. Your independence here, its gone. All these grow your own schemes, to pacify you, make you think you aren't controlled but you are.
    So, we have a deceived population, who never get to hear the real enemy. They are controlled through money (the hand which gives us always over the hand that takes, remember) and they are kept going but increasingly dependant on products (medicine android). Let's see this either reported on the BBC, which we pay for. I am sure it would be more thrilling than an episode of east enders!