Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will it change your vote?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I always voted for the Liberal Democrats and before that the Liberal Party. I changed to Labour at the last general election because I believe Nick Clegg betrayed his party's voters by going into coalition with the Conservatives. Also I believed that Jeremy Corbyn has a vision for a fairer Britain that could be made to work. If there is another general election where Brexit is a major issue, I'd vote in whatever way best suited my desire to remain in the EU - which could even be Conservative, given the battles going on in that party at the moment and the considerable level of pro-EU sentiment within it. Unlikely, though!

As a slight aside from the original question, if there was another EU referendum I would not change the way I vote. I voted remain last time and I'd vote remain again.
    I dahn do non-judgement'aw. ... and put ya blinkin' shirt on mate, wiwya!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    I am afraid anyone who thinks Brexit be it hard or soft will cut immigration is going to be very disappointed.
    I don't think you quite understood the Brexit vote . People did not vote to cut immigration , they voted to cut the wrong type of immigration . We don't want anyone who just fancy's their chances we want people that we want . If we want 10 time the level of immigration we currently have that's OK if its the people with the skills we need.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Streetwalker For This Useful Post:

johnofgwent (26-07-2018), T00ts (24-07-2018)

Thanks
    The comments given here are, in my opinion, the way the country is feeling. Reading a variety of news sources, from the rabid to the reflective, it seems that the politicians havnt a clue what to do. What chance do we have of a making an even positive outcome of this Brexit ?

The the tories are now one DUP stooge missing as Ian Paisley has been suspended for 30 sitting days. You really need to suspend disbelief to take it all in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 908 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T00ts View Post
    The way it's looking at the moment we will either drop out of the EU 'no deal' or with a mishmash that neither side likes the look of.

If a GE was called in the near future probably after March 2019, if for no other reason than the current chaos in Westminster, would you vote as you have in the past or would the last months of watching how MPs (or yours in particular) have conducted themselves change your vote?

I know there is every chance that situations will change, after all a week in politics is a long time, although 24 hours at present seems a lifetime, but if you had to decide now where would you be?

Me? Brought up in a staunch Labour household I changed sides at voting age, much to my parents' amazement, but at the moment I could be homeless (politically that is) and for the first time in my adult life may not vote! I am shocked that I feel that way - am I alone?
    I do not know.

I actually voted Labour for the first time in my life in the 2017 election because a) there was no point voting for anyone else with the bitch sitting on a 10,000+ majority b) she was making a big thing of kicking Corbyn and momentum in the balls and c) the tory candidate is the daughter of a corrupt s o b who lied to the assembly about hiring her to work in his office and indeed switched allegiance from plaid to tory after winning a plaid seat, because plaid were too principled to give her a job while the tories gladly offered her a job on dad's staff - and only backpedalled when some people found out about it.

Unless Anne Marie Walters hasd a candidate standing, I don't think i will bother voting this time.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    I rather agree with KnowIt on this. For TM it must be like steering a badly damaged yacht through dangerous shallows in a storm. I think she is doing well under the circumstances. As far as voting it makes no difference where I live as there is a massive Tory majority - anyway my MP is Jo Johnson, brother of Boris but much more rational and a seemingly decent bloke. On the other hand, I may vote LibDem as a general protest against the voting system. I would not support Labour under their current leadership at all. Like many, I do not find any of the parties represent my views (and why would they ).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grumzed View Post
    I rather agree with KnowIt on this. For TM it must be like steering a badly damaged yacht through dangerous shallows in a storm. I think she is doing well under the circumstances. As far as voting it makes no difference where I live as there is a massive Tory majority - anyway my MP is Jo Johnson, brother of Boris but much more rational and a seemingly decent bloke. On the other hand, I may vote LibDem as a general protest against the voting system. I would not support Labour under their current leadership at all. Like many, I do not find any of the parties represent my views (and why would they ).
    Wasn't the MP where you live once Eric Lubbock? If so, you could start a resurgence of Orpington Man and get yet another Liberal/LibDem revival underway...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    Wasn't the MP where you live once Eric Lubbock? If so, you could start a resurgence of Orpington Man and get yet another Liberal/LibDem revival underway...
    That was in 1962 and I did not live here then and was too young to vote! Boundaries have changed and so have the parties. I have to say the local Liberal Club does the best beer in the area though (political allegiance not required). The local Conservative Club actually advertises they have Heineken as though it was a great feature!