Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Threat to UK increases from Syrian returnees.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,405
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    This photo is a bit of a clue, she is standing next to Assad, 4th from right.

    https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...KOjX7ImNyc.jpg
    The image was taken as part of a UN fact finding mission to Syria and the mission were official guests of the Syrian Government. I fail therefore the significance that you claim for it?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampan View Post
    The image was taken as part of a UN fact finding mission to Syria and the mission were official guests of the Syrian Government. I fail therefore the significance that you claim for it?
    Well all I asked for was a credible link, (I have my suspicions about the White Helmets,) but you are unable to provide one. That woman's blog is not a credible link providing actual evidence.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    5,510
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 555 Times in 468 Posts
    While the White Helmets may not be the most effective force for good, linking them with terrorism seems to be accepting Russia's disinformation without question...
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sy...re-terrorists/
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    15,279
    Thanks
    358
    Thanked 443 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman Post View Post
    While the White Helmets may not be the most effective force for good, linking them with terrorism seems to be accepting Russia's disinformation without question...
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/sy...re-terrorists/

    I am not linking them with terrorism, I am merely suspicious of them, they do appear sometimes to be an active part of the fog of war.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    London N16
    Posts
    5,510
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 555 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    I am not linking them with terrorism, I am merely suspicious of them, they do appear sometimes to be an active part of the fog of war.
    While it's difficult to stand by, the West's involvement does appear to have prolonged the war in Syria and the White Helmets, though presumably performing individual acts of relief, may not have lessened the overall disastrous impact on the population. But Venessa Beeley's irrational assessment of them appears to border on fanaticism...
    If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy DD. The poster also reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,619
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 206 Times in 177 Posts
    What links to our country have these Syrians?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,752
    Thanks
    1,892
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    What links to our country have these Syrians?
    Our country venerated them for wearing white helmets whilst opposing Assad, who was the target of regime change. That's the only link. They are rebels and the rebellion has been put down.

Similar Threads

  1. US Warplane shoots down Syrian Government Warplane in Syrian Soverign Territory
    By Sampan in forum War, Conflicts & Terrorism Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-06-2017, 12:45 PM
  2. Net migration into UK increases
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-11-2013, 07:01 AM
  3. Minimum wage increases to 6.31
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
  4. UK use of armed drones increases
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 07:00 PM
  5. CBI increases UK growth forecast
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-08-2013, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •