Thread: Julian Assange likely to be handed over to the authorities. Help me start a petition.

Thanks

Julian Assange likely to be handed over to the authorities. Help me start a petition.

Julian Assange is likely to be handed over to the authorities very soon. I would like to start a petition to guarantee that he will not be extradited to the US. I believe he will be prosecuted, but more worryingly, there is the possibility that he will be tortured by intelligence agencies in order to gain information about Wikileaks, such as security details. And we all know what the US is like regarding torture.

I need 5 other people to begin a petition at petition.parliament.uk. Anyone interested?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 860 Posts
    Blog Entries
    sorry but Assange gleefully released all sorts of classified material which was couriers by a citizen of an enemy of the British state that went to war with us in the eighties. the journalist who used the said courier whinged of anti terror legislation being used inappropriately.....

it was

they shoukd have used the official secrets act and had the alien citizen ofcsaix hostile power shot as a spy.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    sorry but Assange gleefully released all sorts of classified material which was couriers by a citizen of an enemy of the British state that went to war with us in the eighties. the journalist who used the said courier whinged of anti terror legislation being used inappropriately.....

it was

they shoukd have used the official secrets act and had the alien citizen ofcsaix hostile power shot as a spy.
    Firstly, it's unusual to shoot someone (or even prosecute them) for publishing classified information. Mainstream media does it. Whistleblowers do it. Secondly, we were once at war with the US. We are not currently at war with 'said hostile power'.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    I would like to know more about why the Ecuadorian authorities are apparently no longer prepared to protect him?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,083 Times in 788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I would like to know more about why the Ecuadorian authorities are apparently no longer prepared to protect him?
    Probably because he is stinking out the embassy, by some accounts.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Because it had a new president in 2017, Lenín Moreno.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 860 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    Firstly, it's unusual to shoot someone (or even prosecute them) for publishing classified information. Mainstream media does it. Whistleblowers do it. Secondly, we were once at war with the US. We are not currently at war with 'said hostile power'.
    I did not say shoot assange who is not (to my knowledge) a citizen of a hostile poweer

I said shoot the argentinian who was found couriering the information. The arse holes who detailed him tried to get him for terrorism offences which they clearly were not. They shopuld have had him for acts of espionage which they clearly were,.

As a citizen of an enemy state that declared war on us and is continuing to push for the conflict they started to reopen we have every right to consider his actions an act of war. And nothning says we mean business in protecting our secrets than executing those who try to reveal them.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    I will join you