Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bette Midler

Thanks

Bette Midler

"Thinking of changing the lyrics to one of my songs. Would you download, “The Putin Pleasin’ Treason Boy of Company Pee”?"

Bette Midler. Brilliant

Thanks
    Luv it!
    i suppose that 45's admirers will splutter over their tea and biscuits- shame innit?

Thanks
    All that is needed now is a Golden Shower tape. If there is one that is.

Thanks
    That doesn't bear thinking about! A real horror show(er).

Thanks
    I see what you did there, Albert. Don't think your punniness went unnoticed. lol

Thanks
    I saw Bette Midler live on stage in New York years ago when she was in her oh so naughty prime playing "Dolores Del Lago and her Logorythms." She was great and so was her backup group. When Disney enticed her into their bowl of pablum, it was all over for her splendid career. Perhaps she figured it was time to count the money and lounge in the sun, who knows really why she gave up. Maybe she didn't think it meant curtains when she signed withe them. She is probably still a very nice person though.

Thanks
    Posted by Bette Midler today.

Thanks
    If the USA was a just country, the Electoral College electors who voted for him and caused the catastrophe we are currently dealing with would be prosecuted for failure to fulfill their function--ensuring the President is competent. Trump was so obviously disturbed during the campaign that no one with any sense of moral decency could abide or overlook his mendacity and narcissism. I would have thought it impossible that so many people could be mesmerized by a demagogue. . The ones who voted for him could have merely paid a $1000 fine and voted for Clinton instead, or perhaps abstained. Instead, they were stupid moral cowards and sold out the people of the United States. I believe that good will prevail and these beasts will be driven back in to political wilderness where they belong, but the oligarchs and politicians who have benefited from his victory will cause catastrophic damage in the meantime. I do not thing the establishment Democratic Party will reverse his egregious attack on the finances and regulatory apparatus of the nation because they are also too corrupt and do the will of their own puppet masters.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dazed View Post
    If the USA was a just country, the Electoral College electors who voted for him and caused the catastrophe we are currently dealing with would be prosecuted for failure to fulfill their function--ensuring the President is competent. Trump was so obviously disturbed during the campaign that no one with any sense of moral decency could abide or overlook his mendacity and narcissism. I would have thought it impossible that so many people could be mesmerized by a demagogue. . The ones who voted for him could have merely paid a $1000 fine and voted for Clinton instead, or perhaps abstained. Instead, they were stupid moral cowards and sold out the people of the United States. I believe that good will prevail and these beasts will be driven back in to political wilderness where they belong, but the oligarchs and politicians who have benefited from his victory will cause catastrophic damage in the meantime. I do not thing the establishment Democratic Party will reverse his egregious attack on the finances and regulatory apparatus of the nation because they are also too corrupt and do the will of their own puppet masters.
    We have people in this country who call people "stupid" if they have views which don't match theirs. I see you have added beasts to dehumanise them. It does not help one bit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    We have people in this country who call people "stupid" if they have views which don't match theirs.
    I wonder how Trump is going to react to being laughed at:-

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/peop...feared-1922279

But at the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, Trump got a comeuppance on the world's biggest stage. Delivering a speech that aimed to establish U.S. "sovereignty" over the whims and needs of other nations, the president's triumphant moment was marred in the first minute when he was met by laughter - at his expense.
    The embarrassing exchange came when Trump boasted that his administration had accomplished more over two years than "almost any administration" in American history, eliciting audible guffaws in the cavernous chamber hall.
    The president appeared startled. "Didn't expect that reaction," he said, "but that's OK."
    Members of the audience chuckled again - perhaps this time in sympathy.