Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Money Reform Party

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Money Reform Party

    Do any posters know what became of the Money Reform Party? I cannot find any information for the last couple of years, so assume they have disbanded. However some of the ideals might actually work to create a prosperous UK. I would like to find some information on them, and if possible bring a few ideas to the table. I might even write to a couple of MP's... Just to make sure they read, I might include a few papers and online forums as well!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    8,883
    Thanks
    1,959
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BfB View Post
    Do any posters know what became of the Money Reform Party? I cannot find any information for the last couple of years, so assume they have disbanded. However some of the ideals might actually work to create a prosperous UK. I would like to find some information on them, and if possible bring a few ideas to the table. I might even write to a couple of MP's... Just to make sure they read, I might include a few papers and online forums as well!
    Yes they did fold (perhaps they ran out of money....sorry couldn't resist) anyway their defunct website is on an internet archive https://web.archive.org/web/20170114...rty.org.uk:80/
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    656
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BfB View Post
    Do any posters know what became of the Money Reform Party?
    No.....
    Keep Britain British, whoops, it's too late

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    8,688
    Thanks
    1,330
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    Yes they did fold (perhaps they ran out of money....sorry couldn't resist) anyway their defunct website is on an internet archive https://web.archive.org/web/20170114...rty.org.uk:80/
    They registered as a political party in 2005

    Their leader got a massive 173 votes against the 22,000 + accrued by the winner of the 2010 election in canterbury

    .. Coming last behind UKIP and the greens who also lost their deposit, Labour who got less than 8k votes, the libturds who conned some 1600 souls and the tories who romped it

    https://tinyurl.com/y7ywm43e


    They deregistered as a political party in 2014

    http://search.electoralcommission.or...trations/PP513
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

    thomas (12-07-2018)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Hi - Thank you John. I was not particularly interested in the votes. I know people in the UK have been successfully convinced that economics and history is very dull and boring, and areperfectly happy to be ripped off by a corrupt banking system (in fact, some even seem to welcome the chance to be taken up the arse by the elites). I was more interested in looking at some of the policies. Particularly how (if at all) they would reform the current banking system.

    I wondered about a model which would replace money issued by private banks (backed by, well, not much of anything really) and hand the money creation power back to elected officials. I guess to kerb inflation, they would have to balance by gradually reducing the fractional reserve system created money (i.e. increase the reserve amount of banks by the amount which they had created). I did however wonder if their manifesto would include anything along the lines of how they would propose to do this.

    Happy to see that 173 people have potentially woken up to the biggest ponzi scheme ever presented to the world, and 22,000 are perfectly happy to be the bankers', how could you say, bitches?

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Newport, South Wales
    Posts
    8,688
    Thanks
    1,330
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BfB View Post
    Hi - Thank you John. I was not particularly interested in the votes. I know people in the UK have been successfully convinced that economics and history is very dull and boring, and areperfectly happy to be ripped off by a corrupt banking system (in fact, some even seem to welcome the chance to be taken up the arse by the elites). I was more interested in looking at some of the policies. Particularly how (if at all) they would reform the current banking system.

    I wondered about a model which would replace money issued by private banks (backed by, well, not much of anything really) and hand the money creation power back to elected officials. I guess to kerb inflation, they would have to balance by gradually reducing the fractional reserve system created money (i.e. increase the reserve amount of banks by the amount which they had created). I did however wonder if their manifesto would include anything along the lines of how they would propose to do this.

    Happy to see that 173 people have potentially woken up to the biggest ponzi scheme ever presented to the world, and 22,000 are perfectly happy to be the bankers', how could you say, bitches?
    Well, I only really put the voting figures in there to explain the most likely reason for their deregistration.

    I understood perfetly how the system worked when I was 16 and a half. I took O Level economics. In this it was explained to me that for every pound you actually deposit into a bank, the banks are required to keep a mere 8p of it, and they can loan out the other 92p at 11% interest (this was 1974...) but having created a current account with 92p to its name and collecting 11% interest on the loan, they only have to retain 8% of that in that account and can loan the other 92% (about 84p) out. And they only need to keep 8p of that. So if you're any good at factorials you quickly find that the 1 you actually deposit witht hem at 3% interest (again 1974, remember) gets turned into a little over 11 in current accounts in debt, bringing in 11% interest, making about 1.20 - 1.50 in profit from the sweat blood and tears of those borrowing the money

    Those who do not have memories of a Britain where white goods were expensive, motor vehicles were a luxury and houses were within the reach of a bus driver and his clerical worker wife might pause to consider the impact the POLL TAX which Maggie effing Thatcher brought in had upon the bynamics of the system I referred to in my opening post.

    You see, Thatcher did two things. First and most important she repealed the truck acts - or more specifically she threw out the protections the successor legislation to the truck acts had provided that forced an employer to pay you in coin of the realm. when I had my first "real" job in 79 my employer, the university, grovelled to me and in fact offered me extra money if i signed paperwork agreeing to allow them to pay me NOT in cash but in payments to my bank, because it was the law then that every worker was entitled to receive their wages in coin. Or notes. Not a piece of shitty paper telling you money had been put in a bank that would charge you to get hold of it.

    By the time my time in academia was at an end and I had my first job outside the academic sphere, inventing better ways to kill people, Maggie had upended the law, and now my employer had the right to demand I have my wages paid into a bank and if i did not agree to that i would not be employed.

    When she brought in the poll tax, it forced everyone in the country to have a personal bank account. Of course, this was about the time "free" banking came about, as to force people to have a bank account to pay their poll tax by direct debit AND demand theypay for the privilege would have caused riots

    But unfortunately, the banks who still had that 11 from 1 mentality suddenly saw pretty nearly every pound the working people of this country received.

    There was only one way that was going to end - in tears
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

    Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BfB View Post
    Hi - Thank you John. I was not particularly interested in the votes. I know people in the UK have been successfully convinced that economics and history is very dull and boring, and areperfectly happy to be ripped off by a corrupt banking system (in fact, some even seem to welcome the chance to be taken up the arse by the elites). I was more interested in looking at some of the policies. Particularly how (if at all) they would reform the current banking system.

    I wondered about a model which would replace money issued by private banks (backed by, well, not much of anything really) and hand the money creation power back to elected officials. I guess to kerb inflation, they would have to balance by gradually reducing the fractional reserve system created money (i.e. increase the reserve amount of banks by the amount which they had created). I did however wonder if their manifesto would include anything along the lines of how they would propose to do this.

    Happy to see that 173 people have potentially woken up to the biggest ponzi scheme ever presented to the world, and 22,000 are perfectly happy to be the bankers', how could you say, bitches?
    Spot on to this post

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    Well, I only really put the voting figures in there to explain the most likely reason for their deregistration.

    I understood perfetly how the system worked when I was 16 and a half. I took O Level economics. In this it was explained to me that for every pound you actually deposit into a bank, the banks are required to keep a mere 8p of it, and they can loan out the other 92p at 11% interest (this was 1974...) but having created a current account with 92p to its name and collecting 11% interest on the loan, they only have to retain 8% of that in that account and can loan the other 92% (about 84p) out. And they only need to keep 8p of that. So if you're any good at factorials you quickly find that the 1 you actually deposit witht hem at 3% interest (again 1974, remember) gets turned into a little over 11 in current accounts in debt, bringing in 11% interest, making about 1.20 - 1.50 in profit from the sweat blood and tears of those borrowing the money

    Those who do not have memories of a Britain where white goods were expensive, motor vehicles were a luxury and houses were within the reach of a bus driver and his clerical worker wife might pause to consider the impact the POLL TAX which Maggie effing Thatcher brought in had upon the bynamics of the system I referred to in my opening post.

    You see, Thatcher did two things. First and most important she repealed the truck acts - or more specifically she threw out the protections the successor legislation to the truck acts had provided that forced an employer to pay you in coin of the realm. when I had my first "real" job in 79 my employer, the university, grovelled to me and in fact offered me extra money if i signed paperwork agreeing to allow them to pay me NOT in cash but in payments to my bank, because it was the law then that every worker was entitled to receive their wages in coin. Or notes. Not a piece of shitty paper telling you money had been put in a bank that would charge you to get hold of it.

    By the time my time in academia was at an end and I had my first job outside the academic sphere, inventing better ways to kill people, Maggie had upended the law, and now my employer had the right to demand I have my wages paid into a bank and if i did not agree to that i would not be employed.

    When she brought in the poll tax, it forced everyone in the country to have a personal bank account. Of course, this was about the time "free" banking came about, as to force people to have a bank account to pay their poll tax by direct debit AND demand theypay for the privilege would have caused riots

    But unfortunately, the banks who still had that 11 from 1 mentality suddenly saw pretty nearly every pound the working people of this country received.

    There was only one way that was going to end - in tears
    Again. Great post

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Leaving the EUSSR
    Posts
    8,883
    Thanks
    1,959
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NWS View Post
    Again. Great post
    Hello NWS and welcome to the forum.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Similar Threads

  1. Electoral reform
    By boggart in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-06-2018, 07:04 PM
  2. Cross-party push for voting reform
    By stevectaylor in forum Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-05-2015, 06:30 PM
  3. Is the Tory party the party of the idle?
    By srb7677 in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 25-10-2011, 06:35 PM
  4. The Reform Party
    By Robert in forum United Kingdom Politics & Political Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 21-09-2010, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •