Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Boris Johnson resigns over Brexit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 883 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    Can you point to a lie in that leaflet?
    No. You've got me there. The lies from Cameron were not in the leaflet.
    He said, if you vote to leave the following day I will invoke article 50.
    Did he hell as like.

Thanks
    Here's another one of the Boris "alternative facts".

In his resignation letter, he claims that when he was London Mayor, he wanted to introduce legislation to to prevent deaths of cyclists on London Streets, and the EU prevented him from doing this.

Unfortunately the facts show the other way around - the EU was introducing the exact legislation required, and the UK government resisted it until they were forced to put it in place.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...gnation-letter

To cap it all, it was Boris himself that called out the UK government on this himself in 2014.

This is a typical example
    But a not very good one - apparently 'Factcheck' got their facts wrong..

https://order-order.com/2018/07/11/f...details-wrong/

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Jefe For This Useful Post:

cromwell (12-07-2018), Major Sinic (12-07-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    The bumbling fool is an act,he is in fact a very clever bloke.

As far as him helping the brexit process there will need to be something more than the present administration,there are a lot of unhappy people
    I've not seen any real example of his "cleverness" . But plenty of examples of the opposite. It speaks volumes of T. May appointing such a character as foreign secretary, politically motivated I know, "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" and all that, but how the public see's him as endearing and continually excuses his behaviour from the outside is comical. Some of his more notable antics:

There's his poem about the Turkish prime minster being a terrific wa*ker and fu*king a goat. I agree with free speech but it comes with responsibility, to write this trash about a countries prime minister is crass...why didn't he pen it about the Queen.
    In 2006 he wrote how how the people of Papua New Guinea had orgies of cannibalism.
    He called black people "flag-waving piccaninnies" with "watemelon smiles".
    He described Obama as a part kenyan who had a ancestral dislike of Britain.
    He described Hillary Clinton as "she's got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital"
    About Donald Trump he said the only reason he wouldn't go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.
    He wrote about the Liverpool drunk fans and how they were partly responsible for the Hillsborough tragedy and how Liverpudlians were wallowing in their "victim status"
    Visiting a Indian Sikh Temple his speech about ending tariffs on Whiskey didn't go down very well as drinking is against their religion.
    About his trip to Libya and he joked about how their country was wonderful if they would only clear the dead bodies away.
    His weekend turd polishing comments, only days after the Checkers meeting where he gave his support to T. May.
    His comments on the woman detained in Iran "training journalists" when nothing of the sort was going on and that threatened to add 5yr's to her possible sentence.
    He spoke about Africa as "that country" when talking about the world being less safe and more dangerous than 10 yrs ago.
    During a trip to India he spoke about a past French President as a WW11 general wanting to administer punishment beatings. That man was born in 1954.
    And my favourite was him reciting a Kipling poem in a Burma sacred temple, about a British soldier and his "relationship" with a local girl. Then he described a golden statue as "a very big guinea pig".
    This is not the work of a very cleaver man, he's a fool. It speaks volumes about the man, his arrogance, superiority complex, racism and total lack of filter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry T View Post
    I've not seen any real example of his "cleverness" . But plenty of examples of the opposite. It speaks volumes of T. May appointing such a character as foreign secretary, politically motivated I know, "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" and all that, but how the public see's him as endearing and continually excuses his behaviour from the outside is comical. Some of his more notable antics:

There's his poem about the Turkish prime minster being a terrific wa*ker and fu*king a goat. I agree with free speech but it comes with responsibility, to write this trash about a countries prime minister is crass...why didn't he pen it about the Queen.
    In 2006 he wrote how how the people of Papua New Guinea had orgies of cannibalism.
    He called black people "flag-waving piccaninnies" with "watemelon smiles".
    He described Obama as a part kenyan who had a ancestral dislike of Britain.
    He described Hillary Clinton as "she's got dyed blonde hair and pouty lips, and a steely blue stare, like a sadistic nurse in a mental hospital"
    About Donald Trump he said the only reason he wouldn't go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.
    He wrote about the Liverpool drunk fans and how they were partly responsible for the Hillsborough tragedy and how Liverpudlians were wallowing in their "victim status"
    Visiting a Indian Sikh Temple his speech about ending tariffs on Whiskey didn't go down very well as drinking is against their religion.
    About his trip to Libya and he joked about how their country was wonderful if they would only clear the dead bodies away.
    His weekend turd polishing comments, only days after the Checkers meeting where he gave his support to T. May.
    His comments on the woman detained in Iran "training journalists" when nothing of the sort was going on and that threatened to add 5yr's to her possible sentence.
    He spoke about Africa as "that country" when talking about the world being less safe and more dangerous than 10 yrs ago.
    During a trip to India he spoke about a past French President as a WW11 general wanting to administer punishment beatings. That man was born in 1954.
    And my favourite was him reciting a Kipling poem in a Burma sacred temple, about a British soldier and his "relationship" with a local girl. Then he described a golden statue as "a very big guinea pig".
    This is not the work of a very cleaver man, he's a fool. It speaks volumes about the man, his arrogance, superiority complex, racism and total lack of filter.
    Right,I'm not going to go through them one by one but for example have you met any Sikhs?....most I know drink like a fish have a look on the web about sikhs and alcohol.

So you don't like Boris ....great there are many I don't like doesn't mean they are stupid.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

Sheepy (12-07-2018)

Thanks
    Right,I'm not going to go through them one by one but for example have you met any Sikhs?....most I know drink like a fish have a look on the web about sikhs and alcohol.

So you don't like Boris ....great there are many I don't like doesn't mean they are stupid.
    How can they be stupid,they do the least possible for the greatest return.They invent Ministerial posts because they get paid more that way.

Thanks

It's not about if I like him or not, I suggest he's a fool, and gave several examples where he as foreign secretary and prior was not fit for the office he held because he hadn't the brain power to work out how to conduct himself. Going around insulting people in other countries is not one of the tasks of your countries foreign minister, nor is it risking the life of one of your citizens. These are the actions of a fool. Unless you have examples of his genius I'll stick with my opinion based on facts not emotion. He continually bends the truth, 350m a week coming home, even his resignation letter had lies in it, is this what represents the UK public, I certainly hope not.

I'll concede he is a knowledgeable man, his education gave him that, but an intelligent/clever man knows how to implement those facts wisely. This is where Boris excels at a high level of incompetence. Jeremy Hunt while an remainer has to do a better job in supporting the Govt. exit strategy.
    Last edited by Gerry T; 12-07-2018 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Additional paragraph

Thanks
    The bumbling fool is an act,he is in fact a very clever bloke.

As far as him helping the brexit process there will need to be something more than the present administration,there are a lot of unhappy people
    Out of interest how do you know?

I'm hoping you are not saying that everyone who looks like a bumbling fool and acts like one is incredibly clever, so how do you tell the difference?

Besides that, even if he is very clever, if he uses his cleverness for evil or selfish purposes it's not helpful. In fact, there is few things more dangerous than a charismatic and clever person who is completely wrong.

Thanks
    Out of interest how do you know?

I'm hoping you are not saying that everyone who looks like a bumbling fool and acts like one is incredibly clever, so how do you tell the difference?

Besides that, even if he is very clever, if he uses his cleverness for evil or selfish purposes it's not helpful. In fact, there is few things more dangerous than a charismatic and clever person who is completely wrong.
    You just described Blair
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

T00ts (12-07-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry T View Post
    It's not about if I like him or not, I suggest he's a fool, and gave several examples where he as foreign secretary and prior was not fit for the office he held because he hadn't the brain power to work out how to conduct himself. Going around insulting people in other countries is not one of the tasks of your countries foreign minister, nor is it risking the life of one of your citizens. These are the actions of a fool. Unless you have examples of his genius I'll stick with my opinion based on facts not emotion. He continually bends the truth, 350m a week coming home, even his resignation letter had lies in it, is this what represents the UK public, I certainly hope not.

I'll concede he is a knowledgeable man, his education gave him that, but an intelligent/clever man knows how to implement those facts wisely. This is where Boris excels at a high level of incompetence. Jeremy Hunt while an remainer has to do a better job in supporting the Govt. exit strategy.
    I'm not here to defend Boris I just said he's a clever bloke,you don't think so that's fine because it's all opinions isn't it.

Anyway you gave me a long list of his gaffes,a lot of politicians do that too,didn't your man Varadkar over Trump and a golf course?
    Look at Juncker in the EU widely described as a drunkard they reflect humanity and in all too many cases the worst facet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cromwell For This Useful Post:

T00ts (12-07-2018)

Thanks
    Boris is rather like Trump. He doesn't coat everything in syrup to make it palatable to those of the diplomatic corps. He says it as he sees it. It's unfortunate at times but I don't think he is as underhand as many. Clever, yes, there is no doubt. Having said all that, I worry that for all the positives he would not make a respected PM here. I do think you have to be able to understand his rather tongue in cheek humour but then it is probably beyond most people. He is not of the car salesman/school ma'am mould. So not of mass media favour.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx