Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Brexit: Conservative MP Nigel Evans 'content with deal'

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    getting a work permit as a non EU citizen to work here is very difficult,
    How exactly?
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scott777 View Post
    How exactly?
    Do you honestly believe that anyone from outside the EU can simply walk into the UK and take a job wherever they like? If you truly believe that, then I finally understand why you are concerned about immigration. Also, if the government isn't doing anything about it, what makes you think they'll do something about it when we're outside the EU?

Have you actually researched into this - I think you'll find that it's illegal to employ people in UK companies who don't have the right to work here, and that getting that official right to do that requires reams of paperwork and justifications. It was only in the news a couple of weeks ago that the NHS can't get doctors because the home office was refusing to let them in. Can you provide any credible source that the government has an open door freedom of movement policy on non EU citizens?

One simple example - if that's really true, how come there was a camp in Calais? If as you say the UK government does nothing to stop people coming in, they would have all just been let in?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    Do you honestly believe that anyone from outside the EU can simply walk into the UK and take a job wherever they like? If you truly believe that, then I finally understand why you are concerned about immigration. Also, if the government isn't doing anything about it, what makes you think they'll do something about it when we're outside the EU?

Have you actually researched into this - I think you'll find that it's illegal to employ people in UK companies who don't have the right to work here, and that getting that official right to do that requires reams of paperwork and justifications. It was only in the news a couple of weeks ago that the NHS can't get doctors because the home office was refusing to let them in. Can you provide any credible source that the government has an open door freedom of movement policy on non EU citizens?

One simple example - if that's really true, how come there was a camp in Calais? If as you say the UK government does nothing to stop people coming in, they would have all just been let in?
    Before you have a rant, you ought to pay attention. I never suggested it's easy to get a non-EU permit.

So you say it takes a lot of paperwork and justification. Lots of paperwork doesn't mean "very difficult". Justification might, but you gave no indication of how, so I don't know what you mean by 'difficult'.
    those princes have accomplished most who paid little heed to keeping their promises, but who knew how to manipulate the minds of men craftily.

Machiavelli, The Prince