Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: The UK welcomes President Trump

Thanks
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumzed View Post
    Cromwell, you are a right Mr. Angry I see
    Am I? well certainly not at you and in any case a wasted effort because ultimately as an individual who actually takes notice of me,or you? So no I'm not but if you believe that then it's fine

I still have difficulty with your first sentence but get the gist of it. I don't see any "cosy little system"; if so I am no member.
    Don't you,well it operated in the USA and Trump came along and upset the applecart,and isn't our two party system a bit too cosy and aren't people already seeing how things are going predicting its demise.

Blair and Soros can say whatever they like can't they? If anything Blair has the opposite effect from what he intends but is too arrogant to believe that. Although I disagree with overturning the vote or having another referendum,
    Of course they can but I'm free to criticise them and their misuse of their power and money aren't I? though as you say Blair is blind to how he is viewed by so many

I do think that what was intended by Brexit is open to huge interpretation that was certainly not clear when the vote was carried out - although I note that there is now a trend for some to say it was completely clear because nobody is likely to change their minds and will never admit they did not fully understand all the implications. I cannot understand such certainty over such a complex issue.
    Maybe you can't though I certainly know why I voted leave

BTW, I did not particularly like the demos against Trump, but people are free to say what they like - and I would defend that.
    Of course they are as others are to criticise them and their hypocrisy

The electoral system in the USA is not any more unfair than the one here but it fairly unusual to get 3 Million more votes and still lose.
    It was the system long in place and why should it be wrong only if you don't get the result you wanted
    When the eagles are silent the parrots begin to jabber.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    what this?
    Seems clear enough to me,the voters were taken for granted,patronised and taken as little more than fools whose vote could be relied on.
    They then upset the cosy little system by voting differently and those who profited then aghast that they had been rumbled cried foul,is that clear enough?
    As and when hard Brexit onto WTO rules goes ahead, over time, things will be sorted out, and we will all continue

The country overall will be poorer than it would have been if it had remained in the EU.

The people in the country who profit and thrive from global trade and capitalism will continue to thrive but perhaps a bit less than before.

Some people will probably die earlier than they otherwise could have done if it's a chaotic Brexit causing food and medicine shortages and NHS interruptions of activity and supply, but nobody will be able to prove it conclusively and nobody will be punished for it.

The people in the country who were left behind and marginalised by global trade and capitalism will continue to struggle, probably even more so than before.

The main people to profit from this will be the engineers of Brexit at the top of the tree, who will potentially end up with more individual power and riches because they are in a position to be able to profit from any global change, and in particular to profit from a removal of protections on poorer workers.

If you don't agree, can you explain to me how leaving the EU will solve all the issues? If it won't, you appear to be just rejoicing in causing a temporary chaotic blip int he status quo? Have you got any better ideas for how to solve all the problems facing the poorest and forgotten people in our country (and all the other countries inside and outside the EU)? From where I'm sitting, I don't see the UK government putting out any proposals that will solve this, because leaving the EU certainly isn't going to magically solve all these issues - at best they will just stay the same, or more likely get worse.

In the US it's the same - the people that love and voted for Donald Trump are not getting anything properly real out of his presidency other than a circus. What has he done that will actually help the poorest and most marginalised people in the US?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post
    As and when hard Brexit onto WTO rules goes ahead, over time, things will be sorted out, and we will all continue

The country overall will be poorer than it would have been if it had remained in the EU.
    You predict but don't really know but should it come to pass no doubt you will rejoice in how right you are.

The people in the country who profit and thrive from global trade and capitalism will continue to thrive but perhaps a bit less than before.
    Another prediction with no surety

Some people will probably die earlier than they otherwise could have done if it's a chaotic Brexit causing food and medicine shortages and NHS interruptions of activity and supply, but nobody will be able to prove it conclusively and nobody will be punished for it.
    see above

The people in the country who were left behind and marginalised by global trade and capitalism will continue to struggle, probably even more so than before.
    And again

If you don't agree, can you explain to me how leaving the EU will solve all the issues? If it won't, you appear to be just rejoicing in causing a temporary chaotic blip int he status quo?
    I have never said leaving the EU will solve all problems,however looking at your predictions you appear to be the one wanting to rejoice that it's all so wrong

In the US it's the same - the people that love and voted for Donald Trump are not getting anything properly real out of his presidency other than a circus. What has he done that will actually help the poorest and most marginalised people in the US?
    Well judging by his supporters I saw last night he is carrying out his promise of higher employment,but I'll leave them to decide the reality as I do who they elect.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 848 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javert View Post

The main people to profit from this will be the engineers of Brexit at the top of the tree, who will potentially end up with more individual power and riches because they are in a position to be able to profit from any global change, and in particular to profit from a removal of protections on poorer workers.

If you don't agree, can you explain to me how leaving the EU will solve all the issues? If it won't, you appear to be just rejoicing in causing a temporary chaotic blip int he status quo? Have you got any better ideas for how to solve all the problems facing the poorest and forgotten people in our country (and all the other countries inside and outside the EU)? From where I'm sitting, I don't see the UK government putting out any proposals that will solve this, because leaving the EU certainly isn't going to magically solve all these issues - at best they will just stay the same, or more likely get worse.

you were doing so well until you tried top tell me the EU provides a protection for poorer workers.

it does nothing of the sort.

it blows open the doors of this island and allows any of the 560 million eu27 passport holders of working age (source: uk office of the european parliament feb 2011 personal visit to collect stats and information leaflet for welsh assembly election campaign) free and unfettered access to help themselves to any job on offer.

it is therefore celebrated by labour and tory entrepreneur alike who pour money into the mainstream coffers to maintain this never ending supply of cheap labour fighting like rats to race to the bottom of the barrel

As a country outwith the EU and in charge of our borders again we can admit anyone we like on whatever terms we like, without having to grant them anything except the right to be taxed for their labour while they are needed. Just like China, Japan, Saudi, The Cayman Islands ....

Yes, we need doctors, dentists, engineers. because successive governments, bribed by said entrepreneurs, have seen the rationale of not bothering to train our own and plunder the third world's.

Which is how Iain Tomlinson didn't get a proper post mortem.

But what we most certainly do not need, is any more pizza delivery drivers, deliveroo gig economy pedallers, baristas (or barristers either, too many bloody lawyers in this country already) and the like, all low grade low skill jobs for which we have ample of our own thank you.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnofgwent For This Useful Post:

lankou (18-07-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post

But what we most certainly do not need, is any more pizza delivery drivers, deliveroo gig economy pedallers, baristas (or barristers either, too many bloody lawyers in this country already) and the like, all low grade low skill jobs for which we have ample of our own thank you.

You missed out taxi drivers.

Thanks
    What has most of the above to do with 45 being about as welcome as piles? He lies, gets caught lying and then lies some more. He is utterly shameless and deserves to be shunned by Europe. Given his attacks on europe and NATO the USA can no longer be relied upon to fulfil its treaty obligations whilst this cretin is in charge.

Make no no mistake he will let Europe burn all in the name of America First. We now know our false friend by his words.

Snake Oil Salesmen were more reliable and honest.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post
    What has most of the above to do with 45 being about as welcome as piles? He lies, gets caught lying and then lies some more. He is utterly shameless and deserves to be shunned by Europe. Given his attacks on europe and NATO the USA can no longer be relied upon to fulfil its treaty obligations whilst this cretin is in charge.

Make no no mistake he will let Europe burn all in the name of America First. We now know our false friend by his words.

Snake Oil Salesmen were more reliable and honest.
    A politician lying.......really?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by albertcornercrew View Post

Well perhaps if most of Europe met their obligations and paid what they are supposed to for their own defence instead of sponging off the yanks he might be more amenable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cromwell View Post
    A politician lying.......really?
    Oh yes but not as shamelessly as 45 - @ Jafe that's a valid point and one I too hope NATO allies rectify. However my point remains, the trust is breaking and the snake oil salesman can't be trusted to to tell you the time.

Thanks
    45 tells more lies again today -
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ion-russia-cbs

has he lost a grip on reality or does he think no one records his ramblings?