Thread: Women Masons

Thanks

Women Masons

Since the scouts have been forced to admit girls, and also Oxford University's male colleges have been forced to admit women, then why don't we get women being allowed to join the Masons?

How does this logic work?
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    For your information:-

https://www.owf.org.uk

The Order of Women Freemasons is the oldest and largest Masonic organisation for women in this country and works on the lines of regular male Freemasonry.

http://www.hfaf.org

The Honourable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons (HFAF) is a fraternity for women and organised by women. It was founded in 1913 and membership is open to women of any race or religion, who are able to profess a belief in a Supreme Being. Freemasonry is one of the world’s oldest secular fraternal societies. It is concerned with moral and spiritual values. Its members are taught its precepts by a series of ceremonies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lankou View Post
    For your information:-

https://www.owf.org.uk

The Order of Women Freemasons is the oldest and largest Masonic organisation for women in this country and works on the lines of regular male Freemasonry.

http://www.hfaf.org

The Honourable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons (HFAF) is a fraternity for women and organised by women. It was founded in 1913 and membership is open to women of any race or religion, who are able to profess a belief in a Supreme Being. Freemasonry is one of the world’s oldest secular fraternal societies. It is concerned with moral and spiritual values. Its members are taught its precepts by a series of ceremonies.
    Surely the point is that it is not officially recognised by male-only Freemasonry...
    The poster reserves the right to amend or completely change any opinions he has posted at any time...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    wirth pointing out the scouts have been forced to admit girls but no rainbow, brownie or guide pack has been forced to admit a boy.
    --
    "The Inland Revenue is not slow, and quite rightly, to take every advantage which is open to it under the Taxing Statutes for the purposes of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is in like manner entitled to be astute to prevent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue"

Lord Clyde: "Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services V Inland Revenue, 1929"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Freemasons are like any other section of society,there's the good,the bad and the ugly.
    Since 1945 how often was the legitimacy of a general election result questioned and how many received 52% of the vote?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnofgwent View Post
    wirth pointing out the scouts have been forced to admit girls but no rainbow, brownie or guide pack has been forced to admit a boy.
    Yes well that's standard issue political correctness. It's because it's a girls thing. It has to be equal so it can't be the same for girls as it is for boys, just as it can't for women and men. Imagine if we insisted on equal numbers in prisons! The equality commission would slam it as gross inequality. Anyhow the masons are for men, and yet it is the only men's club to be excused from equality as far as I know.
    Toiler on the sea

Thanks
    I don't see why women can't be admitted, after all they wear aprons too!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Lotsov View Post
    Yes well that's standard issue political correctness. It's because it's a girls thing. It has to be equal so it can't be the same for girls as it is for boys, just as it can't for women and men. Imagine if we insisted on equal numbers in prisons! The equality commission would slam it as gross inequality. Anyhow the masons are for men, and yet it is the only men's club to be excused from equality as far as I know.
    Funnily enough I was thinking exactly this yesterday. In these days when we question and debate everything on the basis of equality, why is nobody questioning that we have completely segregated prisons in 100% of cases?

Thanks
    Prisons are hard enough to administer without putting all those rampant hormones together.
    ...till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me, xx