Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: People's March June 23rd Parliament Square

Thanks

People's March June 23rd Parliament Square

Dear All,

I was sent this video from a friend. There is a people's march on June 23rd in Parliament Square, it's going to be the biggest yet against brexit.

The way these parties like UKIP have taken advantage of brexit is unfair and their leader can't explain himself

I will be attending as I am utterly fed up with the state of things and would like some kind of resolution with all of this brexit business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyoZENLRgA&t=73s

Hope to see you there

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:

Javert (22-06-2018)

Thanks
    LOL Another one.Eddy Izzard going to be there? or is he suffering from the failure of Labours music festival?
    17,410,742 people said LEAVE!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,251 Posts
    Will George S be there, waving his cheque book?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Will George S be there, waving his cheque book?
    No he won't be there,he has already waved his cheque book.He loves the UK so much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Dear All,

I was sent this video from a friend. There is a people's march on June 23rd in Parliament Square, it's going to be the biggest yet against brexit.

The way these parties like UKIP have taken advantage of brexit is unfair and their leader can't explain himself

I will be attending as I am utterly fed up with the state of things and would like some kind of resolution with all of this brexit business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyoZENLRgA&t=73s

Hope to see you there
    Well this will be fun . A UKIP Independence day rally on Saturday also heading for Westminster on June 23rd . Maybe you would like to pop along ,they will be explaining how the government has betrayed the democratic wishes of the people of the United Kingdom .Plenty of speakers including the UKIP leader who will speak on Democracy ,free speech and freedom from the EU .

All welcome including those who think they have been taken advantage of and need yet again an explanation on how democracy works .
    You will find us on the other side of the police cordon . (if it holds)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Streetwalker For This Useful Post:

cromwell (22-06-2018), scott777 (22-06-2018)

Thanks
    I believe a million people had a march against War in Blair's day and it made not a scrap of difference and that was not the subject of a democratic referendum. Those who voted to leave are constantly vilified as stupid, ignorant, low class, uneducated and generally thick. It seems there are some in this country who could be described in just those terms who believe that their vote should be worth more, that voting simply means their side will win. Perhaps it is because in their education there was never any failure, everyone won all the time. Well guys this is where you learn reality. My vote was just as worthy as yours but the point is that more voters agreed with me than you.

Sorry - that's life!
    My vote counts just as much as your's xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T00ts For This Useful Post:

cromwell (22-06-2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes demonstrations have an effect, sometimes they don't. The Poll Tax demonstrations of the 1980's did bring about change when it would have been reasonable to assume they'd have no effect on the 'Iron Lady', whereas the anti-war ones didn't stop Blair.

Will the Stop Brexit march have an effect? I think that depends on two things. One is whether more or fewer people take part in the march than expected. The other is how crumbly the government's resolve is to pursue Brexit. And following on from that, whether the march leads to a growing movement of more anti Brexit demonstrations. I won't be on this march because I have a prior commitment but I will go on another one in the future.

The people of our nation need an opportunity to stop Brexit (aka Project Stupid) through a democratic vote.

- - - Updated - - -
    29,089,259 people did not say LEAVE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    Sometimes demonstrations have an effect, sometimes they don't. The Poll Tax demonstrations of the 1980's did bring about change when it would have been reasonable to assume they'd have no effect on the 'Iron Lady', whereas the anti-war ones didn't stop Blair.

Will the Stop Brexit march have an effect? I think that depends on two things. One is whether more or fewer people take part in the march than expected. The other is how crumbly the government's resolve is to pursue Brexit. And following on from that, whether the march leads to a growing movement of more anti Brexit demonstrations. I won't be on this march because I have a prior commitment but I will go on another one in the future.

The people of our nation need an opportunity to stop Brexit (aka Project Stupid) through a democratic vote.

- - - Updated - - -
    Ducky,you won't be going on any march,stop telling fibbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Streetwalker View Post
    Well this will be fun . A UKIP Independence day rally on Saturday also heading for Westminster on June 23rd . Maybe you would like to pop along ,they will be explaining how the government has betrayed the democratic wishes of the people of the United Kingdom .Plenty of speakers including the UKIP leader who will speak on Democracy ,free speech and freedom from the EU .

All welcome including those who think they have been taken advantage of and need yet again an explanation on how democracy works .
    You will find us on the other side of the police cordon . (if it holds)
    That is why they are doing it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ducky,you won't be going on any march,stop telling fibbers.
    So why would you think that?

This forum is so full of confident assumptions based on total ignorance that I'm surprised I even batted an eyelid.
    29,089,259 people did not say LEAVE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperduck Quack Quack View Post
    So why would you think that?

This forum is so full of confident assumptions based on total ignorance that I'm surprised I even batted an eyelid.
    Because you won't,you are an armchair warrior.Plus you are Scottish and think how much the cost will be of getting into London.